Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls don't have any pretty dresses at all :( so I found a dress belonging to my daughter's old strawberry shortcake dolls which are still stored in a wardrobe here and put it on Brooke for a photo shoot (way too big for Minx but too short on Brooke.) Unfortunately, as you can see, it just doesn't look right, very illfitting, so I guess we'll just have to make do with more naked pics to submit for calendar. On the bright side, they were quite well behaved for the photo shoot so sorry for the overload.

Poor Brooke

And Minx

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Strawberry shortcake ads. Looky Rachael.

I have to make a confession... I'm not a big huge fan of the long haired chis but Minx and Brooke are starting to turn me to the dark side!! :lol: (Please notice how I put Minx's name first... Brooke is always first and I wanted to shake things up a bit.)

They are just beautiful dogs with the sweetest faces!! And I agree with Rachael... they look much better buck-naked. And Cooper says "HUBBA HUBBA!"

G

·
they look so cute especially the one with her head on her paws with her eyes closed.
are yours bigger chis? i have a bigger chi she looks alot like yours and i sell dresses that fit her so if your interested give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cooper said:
Strawberry shortcake ads. Looky Rachael.

I have to make a confession... I'm not a big huge fan of the long haired chis but Minx and Brooke are starting to turn me to the dark side!! :lol: (Please notice how I put Minx's name first... Brooke is always first and I wanted to shake things up a bit.)

They are just beautiful dogs with the sweetest faces!! And I agree with Rachael... they look much better buck-naked. And Cooper says "HUBBA HUBBA!"
LOL Thanks, so we may even see Cooper with a long hair little sister one day? :D And you're not shaking things up :wink: , I'm conscious myself of us often referring to them as Brooke & Minx, probably because we had Brooke for couple of months before we got Minx and I do sometimes make a point of putting Minx first 'cos she is the older one. :thumbup: I do tend to pick Minx up more cos' she's so much lighter and carryaroundable than Brooke, but that's usually shortlived if I'm busy as of course Brooke wants up too. :roll: :wave:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jodiebradbury said:
they look so cute especially the one with her head on her paws with her eyes closed.
are yours bigger chis? i have a bigger chi she looks alot like yours and i sell dresses that fit her so if your interested give me a shout.
Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate your telling me that but the reason I've never bought any clothes from the US or UK is because the exchange rate is not in our favour if we're buying and because I buy two of everything, if available, it would work out rather expensive. e.g. 30 US dollars equals about 42 NZ dollars, and 30 English pounds equals about 78 NZ dollars. I did buy some clothes in Australia when I was there in June but it was all winter gear. Thanks again. :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
mychisangel said:
LOL Thanks, so we may even see Cooper with a long hair little sister one day? :D
I don't think so... as Rachael mentioned in another post... the grooming and dingleberries are just a bit much for me. Plus, any dog I get has to be a boy. In my head, dogs are always boys and cats are always girls - I know ... my therapist says there's something wrong with me too.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cooper said:
I don't think so... as Rachael mentioned in another post... the grooming and dingleberries are just a bit much for me.
Hehe, are you a Jessica Simpson fan? The one & only time I've heard "dingleberries" was Jessica Simpson describing picking one off her Maltipoo doggy when she was a guest on "The View". :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
if you keep their back ends nice and clean (groomer term for trimmed up nicely) you dont' get dingleberries. you can kinda see how it's cleaned up on chiwi. it's much neater now cause that is overgrown cause i couldn't wash or groom her with her stitches.....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
luv4mygirls said:
if you keep their back ends nice and clean (groomer term for trimmed up nicely) you dont' get dingleberries. you can kinda see how it's cleaned up on chiwi. it's much neater now cause that is overgrown cause i couldn't wash or groom her with her stitches.....
Mandy, do you actually trim the hair (fur?) around the back end area? I don't usually have any problems with "dingleberries", only a couple of times with Minx, but sometimes if their poops have been a little messy I've had to give them a bit of a wash. Also, I've sometimes wondered if I should trim the few strands of very long hair growing from Minx's ummm 'diddydee' (what we call her wee wee) area or is that best left alone??? Thanks for your input???? Cheers, May:wave:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts