Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dinky's getting 2 retained canines removed on Wednesday, a few chi breeders took a look in his mouth @ the show this past weekend and said they've gotta go, asap. Poor widdle baby-boo. Retained canines mess up bites. Wooo so there goes another $200 out my window :-D Oh well. Such is life.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, poor Bryco! Which ones are they? It's probably just as well anyhow if they'd possibly have to be removed at some point anyway. Maybe that was what was throwing his bite off a bit on/off??

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw Poor Dinky! For the best though. I will be thinking of him on Wednesday, let us know how it goes. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are a touch wiggly, but another chi breeder looked in his mouth @ the show this weekend and said "Those need to go. Yesterday". He then explained that w show puppies its pretty normal to have the teeth yanked as soon as you see an adult one coming in because they DO throw off bites.

He is 7 months old and really is prob only about 1/2 way through teething, but I guess there's no wait and see in his case.

His bite's been on lately but still the small bit of a crossbite. From what I learned its not a big deal.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I called up his breeder to confirm, as well as another friend that breeds, and they all said yeah, I should have gotten them yanked awhile ago. They are the two upper canines. Dang, I didn't know!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yep, just as well. Those dang top canines are the most likely to have to be pulled anyway. ALL of my crew retained their toppies... Good luck Bryco...let us know how he makes out Wed!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure he'll be fine, he only has to be there for like 3.5 hours in the AM so it will be over and done w/ quickly, I feel kind of bad I didn't know before. Hahaha he is such an expensive little dog!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awww...poor little guy, I've seen the puppy teeth throw a bite completely off, so it is a good idea to get them out. Let us know how everything goes.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so sorry Dinky-Doo! Them darned ole' teeth can be such a pain. I know that you will be fine, and you have an awesome Mommy that will take very good care of you. We are thinking about you over here, sending our best wishes. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lol AC/DC Fan took the words right out of my mouth! What dog isn't expensive! We do what's best for our babies though and that's all that matters! Poor Dinky-doo and those little teef! lol Everything will be ok though! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Glad he's getting those darned baby teeth out!! :) Have the vet pull ALL the baby teeth at the same time if there's any others that are retained. Might as well get them all out so the adult teeth have room to come in.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Its a good thing to have it done.
Dahlia had all 4 canines removed during her laser spay.
There is no way they would have come out.
They had huge roots.She didnt even need meds
and was herself in 24 hrs.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, if I want the reversible gas anesthesia, which I do. It was $480 to have Oakley's done, and around the same to have Laurel's emergency tooth op. The doc is cutting us a break this time around.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what we get for living 6 ours from any other real form of civilization...big vet bills. We finally found a vet we like but she ain't cheap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts