Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lion tried to eat a honey bee today, and it stung him right in the middle of his tongue! I gave him close to 1/2 tsp of children's Benadryl right away.. I didn't have a syringe so I had to let him lick it off my finger. I called the vet and they said as long as he wasn't vomiting or having issues breathing and the stinger was out,he didn't need to come in. We thought that he had dislodged the stinger, but after I left for class my grandma called and said it was still in there. Luckily my boyfriend was visiting, so he tried to help my grandma get the stinger out. They couldn't get it and his tongue was a little swollen, so they took him to the vet. Apparently it took 6 people to restrain him and hold open his mouth with a piece of tubing(he can get snappy at the vet) to get to the stinger. Now that it is out he is perfectly normal! Hopefully he learned his lesson.

I wasn't at the vet so I couldn't ask, but I am wondering if I should give him another dose of Benadryl tonight in case there is any swelling. What do you guys think? He weighs 6.94 lbs so I give him 1/2 tsp.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh poor baby! :(

Thank goodness he is ok. You can definitely give a little more children's Benadryl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.