Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so did i. I fell down outside our house tripping over my scarf,unfortunatly i was holding minnie,I think she hurt one of her back claws,its was bleeding a tiny bit like spotting.I have a badly grazed knee. will she be ok? if i try to touch it she yelps slightly. but she can walk on it. should i clean it? if so with what? I fel awful about it,shes sitting there looking sorry at me.The worst is its late at night,and no vets.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Awwww, poor both of you :( I hate falling.
If her toe starts swelling, it might be broken. I would get the vet to check it if it does swell. They can't really do anything for a broken toe, but you just want to make sure it doesn't get infected.
I hope you both feel better today.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would definately clean the wound very very gently with a wet paper towel or something so you can see how bad it is. You can put dry flour on it to stop the bleeding if need be. :)

I hope you both get well soon. :-D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The septic (sp?) stuff to stop the bleeding, and maybe some betadine to prevent infections. That's really good stuff. Also, I would watch her very closely as you never know if she may have fractured or broke one of those tiny bones. If she's acting strange, I would go to the vet. Please keep us updated. XOXOXOX to Minnie!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Awww, poor girl and poor you :( I would keep an eye on it like Ms_P said and make sure it doesn't swell. I hope it's not broken.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shes limping slightly a little like its sore,its stopped bleeding now,im definalty taking her the vet for sure,hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon a the latest.I feel so bad that she hurt herself cos I fell.*sigh*shes ethier broken one of the those tiny toes/claws or shes just very sore.ill let everyone know what the vet said.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took her to the vet as I couldnt wait her paw was bleeding again,si rushed her there, her little toe was fractured, she lost her claw. im hoping it will grow back??? it bled as the vet removed it,she cried a little,it was awful.The vet bandaged her foot up but its sore looking, i wish he would have put a cone on her head as she keeps trying to chew the bandage off.Shes being annoying by jumping around all over the house, shes so hyper and active im having a really hard time keeping her still*sigh*shes so bouncy. ive not walked her at all,ive put her down to do her buisness,she doesnt seem to care that shes injured.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You are so lucky she didn't get hurt worse. I fell off our back steps and hit the concrete driveway with Trixie and Teeny. They just flew when I fell. Teeny is ok but Trixie hurt her knee. That was a couple of years ago,and she is still having trouble. I have to pop her knee back in place because it keeps popping out and she has trouble walking. It seem I'm always falling anymore, but I hold onto her real tight now. I feel so bad that she got hurt.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Awww poor girl :( I'm sure her nail will grow back. Usually they do. My brother lost his fingernail when he was a kid and it grew back a couple times before it stopped falling off. And it sounds gross but at ballet my friends lose their toenails all the time from pointe and they always grow back too :p haha

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Poor both of you! Don't beat yourself up over it though. More than one of us have done the same thing. I was sure I'd killed Ernie when my lard butt fell with him in my arms. But he was just rattled, Thank God.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant help feeling bad that I didnt realise how bad it was intitally.but at least I took her to the vet. it was icky when he pulled the claw off.im wondering what ill see when I remove the bandage in 5 days.im glad it is bandaged so it cant get wet or dirty.poor baby girl.ill spoil her all week.lol

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Poor little girl, they are tough little dogs aren't they, glad it doesn't seem to be bothering her that much. It was just an accident.

My hubby put Kasper onto the sofa and forgot to lift him down and next thing we heard was a big bang and he had fallen onto his head and he cried like mad..he was really upset and mad at himself. No damage done luckierly.

Nothing better then lots of TLC to get them better.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She's been throughly spoiled all week. I've walked her a little.she's much better, I took the bandage off very gently,it appears to have healed nicely,I have to wait for a new claw. I hope she doesn't try to lick the area too much.

A little off topic

I've paid for litreally all minnies passport now and I'm trying to register her as a threapy dog. I'm wondering then if ahe was registred would she still be required to be put in a dog carrier on the plane?.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
my guess would be yes she would still need to be in a carrier, but i agree with lin maybe you should call the airline you plan on using to find out for sure :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm glad to hear Minnie is better. Just a couple of days ago, I fell really hard on my way out the door and fell with Minky in my arms. She luckily just landed on the ground, but my butt landed right on the corner of the cement stairs...can we say ouch? Accidents happen, so definitely don't beat yourself up. =) Calling the airline would definitely be best to get your question answered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts