Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor little man was neutered today. Thank god everything went well and he was such a good boy at the vet. When I took him to get his vaccinations done a few months ago when we got him, he was very nervous, but today he was so happy, wagging his tail and licking the vet (even when she injected him something to start putting him to sleep, he didn't get scared). She was very impressed with him being a chihuahua and so easy to handle. :)

He's been home for a couple of hours now and so miserable though. :( I can't blame him! With a male and a female about to enter her second heat in the house, we had no choice but to get one of the 2 done. Sorry Rocky. lol

What did you do to me? :( I no likes this cone of shame and I hates you (for now)...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Awww! He will back to his old self tomorrow I'm sure. If it is just the cone he hates, try him without, often they don't bother with the stitches and he will be more comfy without it.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Oh poor baby!

I agree with Stella Sonny never wore his cone!

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Bless him, yeah I agree he'll probably be back to normal tomorrow. Boys op is so much less off an op than the girls. My Maisie didn't bother with her stitches or Delilah :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
No, he would never hate you! And you've done the right thing; you know you have. I was really worried about my Frodo when I took him in, but he was fine - and in fact he never wore his cone. My little girl is due to be spayed, and I'm even more anxious about that....Get better soon, Rocky! xx

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately he's an obsessive licker. lol The vet said he started licking and picking at it like crazy as soon as he woke up so to leave the cone on. :/ We've taken it off just now and he fell asleep on my boyfriend though. At least he can get a little break from it.

He seems to be in pain, poor thing. :/

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bless him, yeah I agree he'll probably be back to normal tomorrow. Boys op is so much less off an op than the girls. My Maisie didn't bother with her stitches or Delilah :)
No, he would never hate you! And you've done the right thing; you know you have. I was really worried about my Frodo when I took him in, but he was fine - and in fact he never wore his cone. My little girl is due to be spayed, and I'm even more anxious about that....Get better soon, Rocky! xx
I was nervous about it, but the thought of getting Lilo spayed scares a lot more too! I might get it done at some point, but that's partly why I started with Rocky instead.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Oh well, the collar is a must then, poor baby. I was really worried about having my girls done but both were done laparoscopically and Maisie, well I couldn't stop her from running around like a nutter the day after. It was really like she had nothing done. Hope he feels better soon :)

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
I got Prince three days after he was neutered......you'd never know anything happened! They recover quickly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kodi was neutered this past Saturday...it took three days for him to get back to his self....luckily he is not a licker so no cone of shame. I felt so bad the evening of the surgery and the next day....I know it was for the best but the poor guy had just been dumped in a shelter.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well, the collar is a must then, poor baby. I was really worried about having my girls done but both were done laparoscopically and Maisie, well I couldn't stop her from running around like a nutter the day after. It was really like she had nothing done. Hope he feels better soon :)
I got Prince three days after he was neutered......you'd never know anything happened! They recover quickly!
Yep he's almost back to normal. He's whining a bit, but it's 6:30am, he's awake and I'm having trouble stopping him from licking my face and jumping on and off the bed. lol I'll give him something to chew to keep him still. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
My vet used stitches on the lower tissue layers and skin glue on the outside and told me that I didn't have to worry about Chewy licking on it like you do stitches. There was no cone of shame for Chewy, and he didn't end up with any splitting or infection of his incision. I always feel sorry for the pups with the cones, they look so sad.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
So glad he seems to better! Hope he's leaving things alone so you can put the cone of shame up. :)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Awwww poor little guy! I'm glad to hear everything went well!! And he wears his cone of shame really well!! I had Mimi spayed about a month ago and it took her 3 days to be back to her crazy hyper self. I was more of a wreck than she was!
Wishing him a speedy recovery!! 😘

·
Registered
387 Posts
Glad your little baby is on the mend.
My little guy will likely be done at the end of the month. I'm pretending like it's not happening. Lol

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kodi was neutered this past Saturday...it took three days for him to get back to his self....luckily he is not a licker so no cone of shame. I felt so bad the evening of the surgery and the next day....I know it was for the best but the poor guy had just been dumped in a shelter.
Aww poor thing! It was probably a lot to go through in one go, but like you said, it's for the best. He's lucky not to have needed the cone!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope he is feeling better today !
So glad he seems to better! Hope he's leaving things alone so you can put the cone of shame up. :)
He's definitely feeling better and back to normal :), but still trying to lick and pick at it! I woke up this morning to find him licking it even with the cone on! He found a way. :foxes15:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My vet used stitches on the lower tissue layers and skin glue on the outside and told me that I didn't have to worry about Chewy licking on it like you do stitches. There was no cone of shame for Chewy, and he didn't end up with any splitting or infection of his incision. I always feel sorry for the pups with the cones, they look so sad.
Oh Chewy was lucky! I hope it heals quickly so we can get rid of the cone and I really hope there won't be any infection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts