Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She got her shots yesterday (3yr rabies and distemper). I put her back in the kennel and went back to work. I checked on her an hour later and she was having an allergic reaction to the vaccines. Her eyes were swollen shut, her face was 3x her normal size. I of course freaked out and rushed her back into the treatment area whre the doc took one look at her and started laughing. Apparently Tequila wasnt in any danger. She said that if it was a sever reaction that Tequila would had died in the first 10 minutes and that it takes a lot for them to get to that point. Normal vaccine reactions, while you have to treat it right away, usually are not dangerous. She got 2 shots of benadryl before I left and I gave her one more dose before I went to bed.
This morning she is back to her normal self...still slightly puffy on her one side but only I can notice :wink: (my family things I am crazy cause they cannot see it)
She did throw up a couple times last night, but that was to be expected. Gosh I wish I had a camera...she looked so funny (i can say that now that I know she is going to be okay). She looked like a sharpai (if that is how you spell that dogs name)

So now next year she has to get a shot of benadryl before her shots and she is not allowed to have her rabies and distemper the same day...but I have three years to deal with that combo again :shock:

I swear I cannot have one normal dog...lol.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!
She is back to her normal self this morning. Just a little puffiness on her nose but thats it. She is running around and being her normal crazy self.

LOL Clare you should had seen me....i run into the treatment area like my dog is dying...the vet looks up from her paperwork...stairs at Tequila for a second, rolls her eyes and starts laughing. Thank god she is an awesome vet! When she started laughing I felt so much better...had she jumped out of her chair I think I would had started crying on the spot. It was quite the funny scene...everyone there was laughing at me...of course thats because we have the relationship where we make fun of eachother :wink: I wont hear the end of this for quite some time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.