Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently started to get whole page pop ups adverts only on this site, mainly the new chi site that you pay to find breeders which take the place of the message i have just clicked on, anyone else get this? :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Hi - you should be able to block these pop-ups. I have AOL, and am not sure if it works the same with other ISP, but with AOL, if you type in keyword "blocking pop-ups", you will get a screen that allows to to choose to block all pop ups, or only allow pop-ups from certain sites.

I have all pop-ups blocked on mine - they are soooo annoying! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,271 Posts
I dont think this site has anything to do with the pop ups - grrr I hate them I have yahoo toolbar and that gets rid of most
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
chimom said:
Hi - you should be able to block these pop-ups. I have AOL, and am not sure if it works the same with other ISP, but with AOL, if you type in keyword "blocking pop-ups", you will get a screen that allows to to choose to block all pop ups, or only allow pop-ups from certain sites.

I have all pop-ups blocked on mine - they are soooo annoying! :)
I use aol too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
I have a pop-up blocker as well, but it hasn't been catching any off this site. It may be AOL? Dunno. :scratch: I can't find the "don't know" emoticon. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
chimom said:
Rachael Polachek said:
Cooper said:
I have a pop-up blocker as well, but it hasn't been catching any off this site. It may be AOL? Dunno. :scratch: I can't find the "don't know" emoticon. :(
Found it. :dontknow:
Aw, Rach - you are just soooo smart!!! :lol: :lol: Drumroll.......Applause..... :wink:
I was thinking more along the lines of a smart---... but just plain smart will work, I guess. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
chimom said:
Rachael Polachek said:
Cooper said:
I have a pop-up blocker as well, but it hasn't been catching any off this site. It may be AOL? Dunno. :scratch: I can't find the "don't know" emoticon. :(
Found it. :dontknow:
Aw, Rach - you are just soooo smart!!! :lol: :lol: Drumroll.......Applause..... :wink:
I was thinking more along the lines of a smart---... but just plain smart will work, I guess. :D
I've been called a smarta** once or twice in my life. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
I dont have a pop blocker on my computer and i dont get any pop ups on this site! Maybe you have clicked yes to download something and not realised. The common one i get whilst visiting other sites sometimes is the pop up asking me to install macro flash media or something and they copy windows logo etc, but always make sure you press no to things like that! Hackers are very clever these days.

But not to worry you. If you have aol type in what that person (sorry cnt remember username) suggested and block the pop ups! If not i guess you will have to just keep closing them! :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No i dont click on anything,its only started happening since the new advert for uk chihuahuas breeders came here a couple weeks ago.I click on a message on here and the message is just about to come up, you just see it and it suddenly changes to a full page advert, mostly dogs, chihuahuas and has been other stuff i have to click back and it comes back to the message i wanted.Weird.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top