Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my little one went to be spayed this morning at 9.30.I didnt sleep a wink last night! She was such a good girl and let the vet (who we havent ever met until today!) take her and examine her..she was shaking and nervous but we all hugged her and she was carried off without any fuss.
I burst into tears and the kids and my hubby and I went to Starbucks next to the animal hospital, to wait for an hour and a half whilst Poppy was undergoing the surgery. We went back and they let us have a peak at her...she was completely out of it, such a little thing lying there on the table..she was kinda paralysed, her tongue hanging out of her mouth..but the vet said it was because they had given her a muscle relaxant.
I got to inspect where she will be recovering...very nice clean, warm accommodation..I left her best teddy in the cage ready for when she wakes up.I couldnt stop crying! :cry:
I just called the vet, he said she is doing well, still groggy but has drunk ok and peed. He also said she was being nice and friendly (I cant believe she that!! :lol: ) and I will call tomorrow.He did say that originally she should stay for 2 days, but we might be able to have her home tomorrow.He recommends keeping her for 2 days so that they can monitor her but that if she is ok, he will releae her earlier. He seemed so nice and competant and it set my mind at ease alot.Its a 2 hour drive each way but I felt it was worth it...hell, I would have driven 500 miles!
The house is SOOOO empty and I miss her!
Sory for being silly but I am so miserable without her here ....
Will let you know when we have her home :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
oh what a relief that she is ok and that everything including the vet went great!!! YEAH!!! :D :D
Thanks for updating us.......it will soon be over and she will be protecting you and loving you as always!! :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i've set the date for cosmo's neutering , so he and paris will be spayed and neutered on may 26 :? that means they will be both gone :shock:
i hope i have my 3rd by then to keep me company...or i'll be very lonely :cry: :wink:

i'm glad poppy's stay in the hospital went well...and hope she has a quick recovery!! give her a big cuddle from me .....and post some pics soon......because i want to see her frilly pants ofcourse :wink: :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
that's so great! i'm glad you are comfortable and at ease with this new vet. it helps a lot when you are comfortable with a dr (be it a human or animal.) way to go poppy! here's to a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
So glad to hear that Poppy's doing good, and I'm sure she'll be back to her normal, cute little self in no time!! :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
WOW 2 days Lily was only in from 9-5 I wouldnt be able to cope for 2 days, so glad she is doing well and I hope she hurrys up home

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
You'll be so happy once she is home. :D
I got Kismet back that night, but no one stays at the vets office during the night, so I would have wanted her home w/ us anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts