Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im a newbie here and im hopefully gettin a chi puppy soon!

i havent noticed that many people with chis in the uk, but ive been to other countries such as america and italy where ive seen loads of people with them, just an observation i have made, has anyone else ever noticed this??

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Hi and welcome

Im from the Uk and when I first got my chi there were hardly any breeders etc, but now they are getting more and more popular but I only know of one more chi in my area - LH chis are definately easier to come by than SH in the uk , where are you from ? :wave:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im from the east london/essex area

im looking for either really, i dont mind, my mum prefers the long haired but i think the short haired r just as cute! i'd really like one of each, but ive only just persuaded my mum to get one so i doubt that two will be on the cards any time soon, hehe!

im having difficulty finding a breeder in my area and i dont drive so i cant travel very far so im really hoping that i find one near me. (my mum doesnt like driving long distances either so fingers crossed that we can find one)

·
Registered
696 Posts
there are lots in your area plenty of adverts but be careful in that area there are plenty of **** selling them for way over normal prices

*Edited by moderator for bad language*

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lady&trampsmom said:
there are lots in your area plenty of adverts but be careful in that area there are plenty of **** selling them for way over normal prices
yes i have noticed that, the few that i find near me are selling for something like £800 - £1000 and even if i could afford it i wouldnt pay that much. ive seen so many for sale around the £300 mark but they are so far away!

·
Registered
696 Posts
lmao thats always the way isnt it lol i have that same problem i thought id struck lucky last week the lady who does my nails her best firend breeds dogs and i showed her a piccie of saskia and shes like ooo its them i think but when her hubby came in we realised she breed poms instead i was gutted becouse she sells them for 300 without papers and i was like yey i could get another but well i aint now lol

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Keep up your search dont give up I am sure you will find a competent breeder in your area . As for mum lol the secret is once you get one its an addiction you have to get another lol She may change her tune chi's love company of their own breed they are a hoot when together

·
Registered
481 Posts
i know what you mean,i have never seen a s/c chihuahua where i live in the uk and so it was really hard to find one.after 6 months of lookding i finally found one but it was still quite alot of money (£650) and my dad had to drive me to sussex,we live in devon.so it took a while!but it was deffo worth it for my coco!good luck!
xxx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone!

i have been driving everyone mad talking about chihuahuas! my boyfriend is so sick of it, lol

i think that chis are definatly becoming more popular over here in the uk, especially since all the celebs seem to be gettin them, and us brits love to copy the celebs!
i remember when everyone was copying posh spice's sunglasses! i think its only a matter of time until everyone is taking their little chi for a walk in the park!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I dont think people should be getting chis just because of celebs daisybee :shock: what ahppened to posh spices sunglasses ????????

they got throwed in the bin , the same as chihuahuas will be get throwed in the pound when the next designer doggie comes across :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i no, but there are a lot of people who just like to follow the latest trend which i think is awful and pointless.

i think thats animals shoudnt be treated as fashion accessories, they are living things, i was trying to say was that there are people who will simply copy the latest trend no matter what it is whether its a velour tracksuit, a pair of trainers, a flashy car or even a little pet.

im not one of those people, i hope it didnt come accross that way :shock: :?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well im glad i cleared that up!

it makes me sad that some people get animals and dont have the knowledge how to look after them properly, then when they are fed up with them just throw them out onto the street, its like throwing away a child, i think that if someone cant take the resposnibility of looking after a pet they shoudnt have one to begin with :(
i know that circumstances can change and people can become ill, therefore not being able to look after pets is out of there control but there are some cruel people who have no reason at all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts