Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
I would not give them. They are a bit big IMO for the Chi's....in fact, I have never given pork bones to mine other than some small rib bones. And being the paranoid person I am, I make sure my pork is frozen for a month before feeding it...just a precaution!;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bones im thingking are the size of a quarter , i dont think thats big, im more worried about nutritional value, or if its damaging to them

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Are they sawed? Most pork chop bones here are sawed, that creates a really sharp edge. If it's the 'button' bones like in pork riblets, those are fine!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
As long as they aren't a choking hazard they should be fine. The size of a quarter would kinda concern me as that seems like the right size to accidentally go down the wrong way and get stuck! Maybe whack them with a hammer first and break them up a bit in the meat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as they aren't a choking hazard they should be fine. The size of a quarter would kinda concern me as that seems like the right size to accidentally go down the wrong way and get stuck! Maybe whack them with a hammer first and break them up a bit in the meat.
thanks i understand, ill better try chicken wing tips, i think its safer!!thanks a lot

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Maybe save those smaller pork bones until you have a more experienced eater who knows how to chew and work the bones, etc. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts