Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two questions...
Pork toes? I got some from the market and Im not sure what to do with them lol. Also do the liver and organ have to be from different animals? or I should ask does it matter? My liver is from chicken and my kidney is beef. I have chicken hearts (I know that is meat but again its chicken) and my bone in is chicken. my meat is beef, pork and chicken. am i feeding too much chicken?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Pork toes would be a good chew toy and toothbrush. Not sure how much meat is really on them, they are mostly gristle/fat/skin. I would feed in place of a meal though as they may cause loose stools.

Variety is great. Do what you can. Maybe next time you need to buy liver, get beef or calf liver instead of chicken. I routinely use beef kidneys as its hard to find other organs around here.

I would say you are doing fine. Just try to feed mostly beef and pork and use the chicken for the bone-in content.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you as always!!!!! I cant tell you how many people I either adopted a dog to or trained their dog are now following me and I always give you the credit for what I know!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thank you as always!!!!! I cant tell you how many people I either adopted a dog to or trained their dog are now following me and I always give you the credit for what I know!
Well thank you! How nice of you to say. :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well thank you! How nice of you to say. :)
I have been raw feeding for 13+ years now and always hear/learn new interesting things from others, but I have to say that Tracy aka Brodysmom always goes above and beyond to help everyone! I am truly grateful to her for helping me transition from feeding larger dogs to my Chi pack! Hugs & love to you Tracy :)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Totally agree! We are very lucky to have you Tracy, you are so patient, well-informed and honest. Your contibutions are totally invaluable, thank you.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Well thank you ladies!! I'm having a really tough day and came on here and saw this post which cheered me up. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts