Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The poor guy probably doesn't like anyone messing with his teeth because they hurt. Lily never liked it either... she's had 3 dental surgeries and a total of 6 teeth extracted. Once her teeth were all cleaned and healed this last time I started brushing them every day to try to avoid future problems. She still doesn't like having her teeth brushed but she no longer fights it. She even curls her upper lip on each side to facilitate the brushing (how cute is that :lol: ).

Talk to your vet and see what he/she recommends. You want to catch any dental problems before they occur or at least before they cause real harm (Lily's heart murmur is probably a result of an infection caused by dental decay). I don't mean to alarm you (Lily's situation is obviously much more severe than Peanut's) but I was unaware that tooth decay could have such dire consequences if untreated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.