Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
How old is peanut? What you see that looks like "dirt" is probably a hard tartur buildup on the teeth. Makes the teeth look stained and happens the most towards the back of the mouth. I would imagine his gums were irritated from the brushing. I wouldn't be terribly concerned unless they were bleeding and his breath smelled bad. Chihuahuas are notorious for having problem teeth and one of ours will have to have a dental next year and he'll only be 2 years old. Keep a good eye on it and if his mouth starts to smell funky have the vet check them out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know its hard not to worry. If only they could talk to us and tell us exactly what was going on. Like I said, we knew our Fritzy had bad buildup because his breath smells funny. The other 2 have great teeth. Its something people who own small breed dogs have to constantly watch because they have teeth issues. I don't want to have a 10+ year old chi that doesn't have any teeth left. I think thats just unfair to live that way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.