Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was brushing Peanuts teeth today and I noticed that his molars were dirty. I tried to clean them but he wouldnt let me, so I told my Fiance to do it for me... Well, we saw that his gums are swollen and red and he is missing a tooth (not sure if it just never grew in)! Has anyone had this problem??

I am freaking out because the day before yesterday I went with my sister to the Vet and it ends up that her cat has severe gingivitis. I have never really looked at Peanuts gums because he just doesnt let me and now I dont know if they are red because I was brushing them or because he also has gingivitis. Tomorrow I am going to look at his teeth to see if they are still red and if they are I am going to go to the Vet.

I am so scared and hope its not gingivitis.. My poor baby already has Bilateral Luxating Patella and might need surgery for it, I hope he doesnt have another problem :cry:

Does anyone have any advice?

Yael

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peanut is 10 months old, He will 11 months tomorrow (on the 15th)!

I know I shouldnt worry so much about things so quickly but I cant help it! I thought that it was too early for gingivitis but my sisters cat is approx. 1 year old (she doesnt know because she adopted him) and he already has severe gingivitis, but I think that he was possibly born with him?

Thank you for your reply!

Yael

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rachel, wow.. I didnt even know that tooth decay would cause such severe issues..Poor Lily, how is she doing with the heart murmur??
I hope she is alright..

Thank you both for your replies, I am going to post tomorrow and let you guys know if his gums are still swollen and red.. Lets hope its not! :D

Yael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.