Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have mentioned before I have been seriously considering buying another chihuahua she is black and tan with white markings -smooth coat. She hasent taken to the show ring and shes under 3 pounds at one year so shes too small for breeding. She has the most amazing apple dome I have ever seen! She seems a bit expensive but worth it! She is $3,700, both parents are AKC champions and international champions and that is exceptional. She is the best chihuahua my breeder has ever bred, and that kind of explains the higher price. What do you guys think should I get her? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,785 Posts
Woah! That's expensive!! But If you think it's right for you...go for it! I'd love to see pictures, she sounds wonderful!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Wow - $3,700. seems a little high to me, even if her parents are champs. I can see where it would be justified if you were planning on showing her, but you say she hasn't taken to showing and she is too small to breed. So this would seem to me to make her a pet quality chi, at a very expensive price.

Of course, I am not a breeder nor do I claim to be an expert. I suppose it would depend on how badly you want her. Am not sure where you are located - maybe prices are higher there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Well, I agree completely with Chi mom. That price is ridiculous if you cannot show and then breed the dog. It is basically a pet. I think it's just too much money and you are not getting your money's worth but if you still want it I'm dying to see pictures!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Bijou said:
Well, I agree completely with Chi mom. That price is ridiculous if you cannot show and then breed the dog. It is basically a pet. I think it's just too much money and you are not getting your money's worth but if you still want it I'm dying to see pictures!!
yep i agree. that price is ridiculous for a pet chi. she's too small to show and breed. perfect or not there's no use to the perfection if she is that small. they just want a profit from her. any relation to texas teacups, divapup, or any of those cause that is the category i hold the person selling her for under.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is an incredibly reptuable breeder. He has bred the most michigan champions than any other AKC reg. breeder. The standerd calls for 2 - 6 pounds, how is 2.14 and 1/2 too small to show, Ive seen smaller than that champ. An AKC champion and international champion sire and dam are hard if not immpossible to find
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Soon2bechiowner said:
This is an incredibly reptuable breeder. He has bred the most michigan champions than any other AKC reg. breeder. The standerd calls for 2 - 6 pounds, how is 2.14 and 1/2 too small to show, Ive seen smaller than that champ. An AKC champion and international champion sire and dam are hard if not immpossible to find
what good is having a champion when you can't breed her and use her to better the breed? i didn't mean for it to sound like she was to small to show that wasn't my point i was tryuing to make
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
what good is having a champion when you can't breed her and use her to better the breed? i didn't mean for it to sound like she was to small to show that wasn't my point i was tryuing to make
I completely agree. $3,700 is absolutely crazy for a chi that you can not show or breed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Personnally I would never spend that much money on a dog.. no matter who the breeder said the mom and dad are...

That is way to pricey.... Theyare just out for the money....

Who is this breeder?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
ok one thing I dont understand why are they asking that price when you cant breed from her???? I understand completly about showing I've been around showdogs for years (mainly cavalier king charles spaniels) and both my chi's have amazing pedigree's but that doesnt guarentee the dog will be as good and it isnt just about looks with showing as u should know it's also about the attitude of the dog if she isnt happy showing she wont do very well :(. If the breeder wants to rehome the girl why for that stupid price I am sorry but shouldnt he think about her well being and not money. Thats why I dont like a lot of show Kennels it isnt about the dogs it's about "stock" and when the dog doesnt perform how they want they sell them on :(. I cant see how you can justify that price for a "pet" chi, unless you wanna attempt to retrain her for showing which at her age could be difficult plus she cant be bred so what use is her pedigree??

Btw dont get me started on show kennels I've met a lot of the top breeders in the UK some are lovely and I'd trust their opinion everytime with others it's about money and who's the best not the dogs :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
IF she wants to pay $3700 for a dog why should it bother anyone else? this is a purebred chi she is buying not one of the new designer models..I paid 1k for one of my dogs and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

If you want this dog..buy it and don't let anyone talk you out of it..it's not like you're here asking for donations to pay for it.

So big deal she can't be bred...there are enough breeders out there already..some good and some just plain horrible who are breeding their "champs"

Let us know what you decide!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
really! is it just for bragging rights? i spent 3700 on a perfect pedigreed chi yadda yadda yadda.... it would get you a better spot in heaven if you used that 3700 and dontated to the red cross for the hurricane victims.....

i'm not trying to put you down or anything i'm just trying to justify that much money for a pedigree you can't do nothing with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
labtestedchi said:
IF she wants to pay $3700 for a dog why should it bother anyone else? this is a purebred chi she is buying not one of the new designer models..I paid 1k for one of my dogs and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

If you want this dog..buy it and don't let anyone talk you out of it..it's not like you're here asking for donations to pay for it.

So big deal she can't be bred...there are enough breeders out there already..some good and some just plain horrible who are breeding their "champs"

Let us know what you decide!
1 thousand and 3700 are way 2 different numbers.. and with such an "amazing pedigree" you are paying that price to get something out of that pedigree, as nemochi has stated.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
labtestedchi said:
IF she wants to pay $3700 for a dog why should it bother anyone else? this is a purebred chi she is buying not one of the new designer models..I paid 1k for one of my dogs and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

If you want this dog..buy it and don't let anyone talk you out of it..it's not like you're here asking for donations to pay for it.

So big deal she can't be bred...there are enough breeders out there already..some good and some just plain horrible who are breeding their "champs"

Let us know what you decide!
1 thousand and 3700 are way 2 different numbers.. and with such an "amazing pedigree" you are paying that price to get something out of that pedigree, as nemochi has stated.
at the end of the day this looks like it's gonna come down to my dog's better than ur dog crap so I'm staying out of it, I believe we've all made our points and she'll do what she wants to but that breeder is just adding to the already stupid prices going around. BTW just cos the breeder has champions doesnt mean they care about their dogs they just have the money to pay for the breedlines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
labtestedchi said:
IF she wants to pay $3700 for a dog why should it bother anyone else?
Because she asked what we thought about it: "What do you guys think should I get her?"

The overall consensus is that if the dog won't be shown and she can't be bred, why pay that kind of money to enrich what sounds like a greedy breeder? If she wants to spend ten times that amount for a pet, it's a free country and she is perfectly within her rights to do so. But she did ask.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
You're right she did ask so she did leave herself wide open to a variety of opinions. I guess what surprised me was just how negative those opinions were.

it would get you a better spot in heaven if you used that 3700 and dontated to the red cross for the hurricane victims.....

So now you can buy your way to heaven...wow ..My God tells me that there is only way to heaven and it's not thru works..it's thru His Son Jesus Christ. I guess faith is too high a price :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
labtestedchi said:
You're right she did ask so she did leave herself wide open to a variety of opinions. I guess what surprised me was just how negative those opinions were.

it would get you a better spot in heaven if you used that 3700 and dontated to the red cross for the hurricane victims.....

So now you can buy your way to heaven...wow ..My God tells me that there is only way to heaven and it's not thru works..it's thru His Son Jesus Christ. I guess faith is too high a price :?
no but doing something nice for someone else does. i was just saying that the 3700 would do those people such good in their time of disaster and devastation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
no but doing something nice for someone else does. i was just saying that the 3700 would do those people such good in their time of disaster and devastation.[/quote]


In that case I agree 100%!!! Every dollar does count when it comes to helping these ppl..local charites around here are asking that ppl just donate money and not goods so that the money can be used to a variety of reasons..food, shelter, clothes..what have you.

There is a guy who drives a semi for a living who is running a food and diaper drive and will drive the loaded semi down there himself. His company ( Holland) donated the truck and the fuel for the trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
I was simply answering her question. If she gets the Chi, more power to her and I would LOVE to see pics and answer questions and talk about it until the cows come home! :lol: .

It's your money and if that's the way you want to spend it, spend away.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top