Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of Sapphire and a possible new "show" sister for our fur family. I have my eye on this little girl as a potential show pup. My breeder is close so I get to see her often. She is two weeks old on Sunday and hasn't opened her eyes yet. I like to ask all our chi people friends to cross your fingers that she develops well over the next month or two. She is Sapphire approved!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I am so excited for you Lynda. Loving the fact that you are sharing these puppy pics. I for sure am keeping my fingers crossed for you, she is so precious!!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so excited for you Lynda. Loving the fact that you are sharing these puppy pics. I for sure am keeping my fingers crossed for you, she is so precious!!
Thanks so much, she is just precious. I haven't had a puppy so this is special to me.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. She has my heart. I also love her markings. She is white and fawn with black sabling. She's has nine spots down her back, sides and tail. Can't wait for her to open her eyes.....should be by early next week.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love how the little one has her paw extended and touching Sapphire.....awwww. Thanks for all the kind words. We have been calling her "Jewel".

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
She is precious! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. :D I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but how special to get to watch this one from birth!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just one question, how will you know if she is good for showing. Are there special qualities she already has to show when she is younger?
But she is really cute! I agree, love her colour! :)

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just one question, how will you know if she is good for showing. Are there special qualities she already has to show when she is younger?
But she is really cute! I agree, love her colour! :)
That's the issue. You really have to watch and see how they develop. What she has going for her is her dad is champion and mom comes from champion lines. This initially puts her in a good gene pool. So far there is not a lot you can tell other than her head and nose look very good and she is likely to be 4-5 pounds which is a good size for showing (even size isn't easy to know this early on, breeder says she puts little clout in weight charts until after four weeks). As she grows, there will be other things to look at like her temperament, topline, gait, length/height proportion. Really the 8-10 week mark is best to really get a better idea. As you can see though, I have fallen in love (not good).

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also want to mention this will be the first time I will try sticking my toes into the show world. My breeder is a wonderful lady and is helping out along the way. To put Jewel through this far was due her knowing what to look for in puppies (a lot of which I likely know nothing about).

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone opened her eyes on Sunday! She is so cute with her "make-up" around her eyes!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts