Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dingy me just realized something. When we go on vaca. and the dogs are in the condo all day on the days we are at Universal Studios, how in the heck am i gonna feed them separate meals?? :confused:
I feel Leila in the am and then around 6 or 7 pm. Finn eats 3x day. Shheeeeeesh!! I hadn't thought of this. :( And i doubt we're gonna want to go bk to the condo for dog feedings. Especially since we may be staying an hour from the parks.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I agree. I'd just feed him twice. I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have an automatic double feeding bowl that I had to set up for Abby when she was little and getting four meals a day etc...she was penned up while we were at work and it worked perfectly. We fed her breakfast the automatic fed her lunch, we fed her dinner, then the automatic fed her a midnight snack.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
how many hours will they be alone? can you get a dog walker to come in?
most Vet's can recommend one in their local area.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Dingy me just realized something. When we go on vaca. and the dogs are in the condo all day on the days we are at Universal Studios, how in the heck am i gonna feed them separate meals?? :confused:
I feel Leila in the am and then around 6 or 7 pm. Finn eats 3x day. Shheeeeeesh!! I hadn't thought of this. :( And i doubt we're gonna want to go bk to the condo for dog feedings. Especially since we may be staying an hour from the parks.
Cheryl I just sent you a pm..... I live in Orlando!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I had to leave Jazz during the day and she was still eating 3X, I did with her the same thing I did with Tango....leave a kibble filled kong in her playpen. She was much faster than Tango getting it out, so I had to seal the ends of the kong, usually with PB to make it last longer. But that took care of her eating during the day while I was gone. Plus she had to work to get all the kibble out, and so it entertained her too.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I was thinking of doing that Ronni. That is a great idea!! I hope pb doesn't make him have soft poos though...:nshocked2: he'd be in an awful mess. lol
You might try experimenting with the different nut butters. I've found that the regular store brands (like Jiff and Skippy etc.,) mess with my dogs' systems, I think because of all the sugars, preservatives, hydrogenated oils etc. Their diets are VERY....uh....pure....for want of a better word, and their kibble and treats are all very limited ingredients.

What actually worked well for me with them was the peanut butter from the health food section of my grocery store. I can also find it in my regular health food store. It's pure, the only thing added is salt (and you can get the unsalted too) and it really just tastes like the nut itself, but in crushed form. It's more expensive, and has to be refrigerated, but a little goes a LONG way because it's much stickier than the regular and has a much stronger flavor. Occasionally I'll use Almond or Cashew butter too, but only because I already have those on hand as they're what *I* eat.

·
Registered
946 Posts
When I had to leave Jazz during the day and she was still eating 3X, I did with her the same thing I did with Tango....leave a kibble filled kong in her playpen. She was much faster than Tango getting it out, so I had to seal the ends of the kong, usually with PB to make it last longer. But that took care of her eating during the day while I was gone. Plus she had to work to get all the kibble out, and so it entertained her too.
Hi Ronni, what size Kong do you use? Is it the standard red one? I have a large one left over from my bigger dog days (they never liked it--idk), but wonder what size the chi's would like. Thx!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts