Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 6mth (almost 7) female with alot of energy when shes not sleeping in my lap, problme is the parents spaniel is too big and the cats afriad of her (yet not afriad of the spaniel for whatever reason, strange kitty) im thinking of getting her a friend something between 12 weeks to 6months, preferably male (shes a little female dominant)can be on a neuter contract as im not planning on breeding her shes too small and i dont realy want an intact male running round the house, cant say im a fan of teritorial spraying or humping of everything possible lol. but definatly Long coat, i dont knwo why but i prefer the longcoats...and under 4 1/2 lbs, yet over 3 lbs est adult weight (shes 3lb10oz i dont want anything much bigger than that yet i dont want too small)
im not certain yet if i want to bring a second in right now (though i want to bring a playmate in if i am before shes a year old), so right now im more 'shopping around', looking into various breeders and lines, colours also.
i also like being intouch with breeders for info and the possibilties of future puppies...(i would eventually like a pack of 5 or so) and i also like gaining insight from breeders as i would like to once im a little more financially secure (enough for any emergencies id need)

i would also like espcially in connecticut. or close by.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If your in the "looking" stage I would contact Josephine DeManna, the AKC breeder referral representative and tell her were your located and what your looking for. She'll usually send you a list of breeders in your area. Here's her contact info:

AKC BREEDER REFERRAL REP:
Josephine DeMenna, 2 Maple St.
Wilton, CT 06897
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the breeder im gonna get my vixie a 'boyfriend' from.
The closet breeder to me is over 100 miles away and she doesnt get many longs in her litters, she also isnt expecting another littler for months.

however one woman i was talking to pre vixie, and i was gonna buy a female from (she only had 3 legs and was SUPER TINY (1-2 lbs max), but passed away from water on the brain before she was a month) has contacted me about 2 litters of only males, both her pregnant females had a litter of 4 and 5, all of which longhaires and ALL males, and shes offered me pick of litter, there only 2 weeks old, and now i have to find $500 (that includes shipping) and it also means since theyll have to be shipped i wont get him till hes 12-16 weeks but my biggest hurdle is finding $500.

so take a look on the craft board as i have a few questions for ya...lol
and when i get some pics of the boys for my choice (wow its nice to think i have first choice of 9 males lol) ill send some pics this direction...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she was indeed born like that, the vet said it was 99% certain that the cord had gotten wrapped and as she grew killed the limb.
she was the smallest in a litter of 4 and the other 3 pups were almost double her size, and wonderfully healthy.
the breeder said when she was born she was the last out and ye tthe first to her mothers milk lol, and she was sure a little ifghter, the lost limb didnt bother her, howver her head was a little large and as she grew so did her head, the breeder warned me that this little girl might have water on the brain and would likely have alot of health problmes as she got older being so small (not the leg lol)
she also said that she was going to keep the girl, if noone knowledgable came forward to help her, and warned me also that she might not make it through the first weeks.
then one night she passed away, the autopsy placed water on the brain. as for the other pups all were given a completly clean bill of health and all have wonderfull homes.
ive used alot of caution (its been drilled into me lol) my grandparents used to breed chis (they now are retired with thier own retired pack of 9.) and this woman was a contact that they put me intouch with, they knew her personally and shes been breeding akc champions for years now. she doesnt breed a dog if it hasnt confirmed well, shes realy trying to get some good quality akc standard pups and steer away from the 'deer type' chis.
as for the mother of the 3 legged, she had her spayed soon after incase it was some underlying genetic problme and all her pups are sold on a spay/neuter unless other special arrangment is made.
she usually sells for 700, but under the circumstances shes offering me pick of her 9 boys for 300 (then 250 shipping), i wish i could afford to take myself there to pick the pup up myself instead of shipping it alone, but the only other option is a 5 day drive.

thanks for the concern though, its nice to see people offering sage advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts