Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive nicknamed her "LilBit" for now because shes sooo tiny, at only 6oz at 3 weeks if she stays to chart shes going to be itty bitty.

shes one of a littler of five, unfortunatly mommy passed away and the breeder is hand-rearing them all. Being shes only 3weeks old right now and SO tiny im not holding my hopes too much, i wasnt even Looking for a chi for me, but i saw her and fell in love (and sent the pictures of her siblings to Gizzies mommy Karen to look at lol.) but assuming all goes ok, breeder says shes a tough cookie, she'll be comming home to live with me.
I know i said my next female would be a female i could show and breed, but you know how it goes...
of course i could still show her, but obviously shed be MUCH too tiny to breed if she stays to chart...

but still shes super cute! and would fit right in here in terms of colour, i mean another redhead to add to the family lol.

look at that big head (shes been hydro cleared by the vet, shes just not developed into her head yet lol)

(sorry for the funny shot, its just before thebreeder was feeding her)

im thinking i like the name Penny, ("Little Treasures Lucky Penny")

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Awwww she is soooooooooooooooooo cute! I hope she grows up to be a healthy puppy! She is really precious. Please keep us updated. It's too bad that the mother died...poor puppies! At least she will have a really good home if she comes to you. GOod luck! I will keep this Penny in my prayers!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as of this morning all is still good, shes got another week before the breeder feels shes out of the danger stage, shes so very tiny at only 6oz at 3 weeks and since handfed pups tend to be weaker (though luckily they got first feeding) were being extra cautious with this, so if shes still thriving this time next week, ill be sending the deposit in to hold her.
her siblings are all also doing great!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wahhhhhhhh I so want one of the siblings..might have to talk to Kevin again lmao...If the only reason is how Gizmo will react with the new baby living here and how Giz will take to it..like you said today another chic might keep him busy lmao...OK gonna go with that line lol...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
she's absolutely precious!! i love the name penny for her :) it's so adorable and fitting! best of luck with her :)

karen -- i hope you're able to get another chi! when we got freia, beenie finally had another outlet for his energy during the day and behaves much better now he has a playmate :) hopefully the same will happen for gizmo!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*points at Karen*
HAHAH thats what i said lol!
only mine was more along the lines of gizmo is much less likely to be "jealous" of the baby when hes busy roughhousing with another chi lol.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
She is super cute, she is the same weight as Romeo and Zeta was at the same age. Luckerly I neve had any problems but as there was only two pups they always could get to feed.
Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how much do romeo and zeta weigh now?! and how old are they?

the charts placing her at 2lbs so im expecitng her to end up anywhere in the 2-3lbs range full grown, dodgers 3bs so im not too worried about size, but at her age and being that tiny i just worry :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Awww don't worry too much. The breeder did say that she's a tough little girl, so I'm sure she'll be okay, and of course once she comes to you, she'll thrive! Please do keep us posted, and let us know when you bring her home. I do wonder if you have any updated pics...

·
Registered
419 Posts
LMAO FOXY, I need a playmate so Gizmo will stop whinning at me feet all day, heck the new baby will have her mommy to hold her high lmao...

I think another one would be good for Gizmo, with just him and me home he cries alot..another will keep him busy.. still working on Kevin lol hard with him being in Trinidad for two more weeks though...lol

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, shame there not old enough already, lol, just bring one home, hes in trinidad so by the time hed get home lol...

i know hes worried about how gizzies goign to react to baby, but honestly i think having a playmate would keep his mind off baby :)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
foxywench said:
how much do romeo and zeta weigh now?! and how old are they?

the charts placing her at 2lbs so im expecitng her to end up anywhere in the 2-3lbs range full grown, dodgers 3bs so im not too worried about size, but at her age and being that tiny i just worry :)
Sinead might be able to help you there for Romeo's weight. They are 10 weeks old now.:D They dont seemed to have grown...lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts