Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off I want to thank everyone for the thoughts, warm wishes, prayers and notes for Ms. Hannah. She came through the surgery fairly well, but not everything is the way we had hoped. Our vet explained that he was positive Hannah had another cancerous carcinoma and that although the surgery went well (complete tumor removal)there is a better than average chance that it will reoccur at some point. Because of where the tumor was located not all of the surrounding tissue could be removed like last time, so testing everything wasn't going to give any definitive answers about the cancer or any possible progression. Therefore, the doctor advised us not to spend the extra money for the biopsy. So no waiting for results. Just hoping for the best. Right now Hannah does have some minor bleeding, pain meds, antibiotics, and she is in need of lots of rest. Jasper is happy to have his girl home. So much so that Moose can't even get near her without getting growled at. I have a feeling Jasper will be keeping vigil next to Hannah for the next few days atleast. Once again all of us want to thank everyone for the support, love and prayers. I'll be sure to let everyone know how Hannah is doing soon.

PS: I posted the exact same message on my facebook status (as some of you know) so I wanted to add a few quick updates. In the 3.5 hrs that she has been home Hannah has had a few ice cubes,6-7 bits of raw stew beef to nibble on and the bleeding is starting to clot. Obviously she isn't feeling too much pain now due to what the vet gave her today , but I am sure later on and tomorrow will be a different story. Her incision is fairy deep and about 5" long. Swelling will more than likely be a big issue. So far no pee pees, but I am sure that will come when she is ready. For now she is on her couch with 3 layers of blankets under her and Jasper's baby blanket over her resting comfortably. She sends kisses and hugs to everyone.

Just a few quick pics today right after we came home:

Can you tell Jasper is relieved to have his lady home?

once again for all the support.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Aw, she's been through alot, glad she is home and doing as well as can be expected. Jasper is such a good protector. So sweet.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Poor thing! it's wonderful she came through surgery with no complications.
Looks like Jasper is going to be her shadow for a few days.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Again, As I posted on your facebook. I am so glad that Hannah is out of surgery. Hope that she continues to do better and praying that the future is on our side with great health so she can live a cancer free life. She is beautiful, Jasper is beautiful for protecting her and wanting to make sure she is ok, your whole family is just awesome for doing so much for this beautiful little Ms. Hannah. You'll always be in my thoughts & prayers! She looks so dang cute all curled up and I bet she is glad to be back home with her family. :love2:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I am so very thankful to know Hannah is home recovering from her surgery.. Rest assured that she is in our prayers for mercy and for healing.. Miracles happen, I know this from first hand experience. God's grace is sufficient for all who sincerely believe.
Blessing to your wonderful family. Deb

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
OH bless her little heart. She has been through so much. Jasper is a great protector! Glad she is home and resting comfortably.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh sweet little Hannah, I'm happy you are finally home, resting.
I wish you and your family well!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Laura, I am so glad she is home and with her family and Jasper of course. Thank you for the update. I seen it on FB as well. Bless her she is so sweet. I hope the cancer does not return. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I'm having a problem posting on Facebook :(

I'm glad Hannah is home. She looks so wiped out.

I hope her pain soon diminishes and she takes her rightful place
as the pampered queen of the household !

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Glad to see her home. I'm sorry the diagnosis was so vague instead of definately saying it's done. Gentle kisses to Hannah and all my prayers that this will be the last of it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope Miss Hannah is doing okay today. Jasper is such a sweet and loving friend watching over her. Hoping for the best possible outcome!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Glad she's home...sending positive thoughts your way.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Sending gentle hugs to your sweet Hannah....that pic of her brother guarding her is beyond precious....hopefully each day finds her feeling more comfortable....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts