Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My little man was just neutered however, because he had a retained testicle the vet had to make a long incision in his abdomen to get it out. I noticed almost immediately that he has a fairly large, fleshy, soft lump that I assumed was just swelling from his trauma but as the days have gone on (day 6 now) that puffy bump has turned into a very hard lump - a knot. It does not seem to hurt but I am worried about it. Is this normal and will it go away? :(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Is it between staples?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No staples but sutures. It is underneath and a little more to one side of his sutures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Theresa...

He has been a bit squirmy and it is located right in the core of his belly which he's been straining getting up and moving around. I'm hoping it goes away...he was a perfect little guy and I want him to come out of this 100%

:)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Why don't you just bring him back to the vet who did the surgery? It is probably just a reaction to an internal stitch, but why worry yourself? Sue Davis

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I agree and certainly will. He is actually due back in a week to have stitches removed and I will most certainly ask then but in the meantime I wanted to get as much feedback as possible. I just didn't want to subject him to the vet, being poked, and put him in a state of high-anxiety during his healing process because this week has been crucial for him. I also wanted to give it a chance to go down if it was just swelling, etc.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Could just be the knot of an internal stitch. Sometime it takes forever for the dissolvable stitches to actually dissolve. If there is no redness, pain or swelling, I wouldn't worry, just show it to the vet when the stitches come out next week. Best of luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Pam! As I've been reading on and researching online it appears to be just that. I'm just going to watch it and definitely bring it up next week. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts