Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, its been a week since arwen's spay and she's doing great, the top part of her incision is completely healed- you can barely even see where the incision was, but the bottom part, where the skin was pulled over weird and closed with surgical glue, (it made almost like a flap of skin slightly over where the rest of it was) is taking a good deal longer to heal, and it looks like the edges of the skin aren't quite lining up right. it also hasn't scabbed, the skin inside looks a little bit like a hang nail, puffy and a little wet, she's been on antibiotics, and its not red. But im wondering whats keeping the skin from closing. Anyone had something similar happen? what do i do to help it along?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I had that on Sherman, too. A little bit of the incision opened. I just kept an eye on it and it is scabbed over and looking better. I wouldn't put any oinment on it, if it gets licked off, it can make the dog sick. As long as it's not pus-y and infected looking, I'd leave it alone, myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts