Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby has surprised me by agreeing to another chi pup for our wedding anniversary! I'm so excited! What do u think of this wee girl??

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's a cute wee thing, and timid like Sugar was at that age.

theshanman97 Dunno if that pic makes her look big but she's sooo tiny! Smallest of the litter and def smaller than Sugar was at that age.

She's gorgeous I'm just afraid to commit lol!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for ur reply jesuschick!

I love her I'm just scared, firstly because she is tiny, do you have to be even more careful? Do I hav to do anything differently than I do with Sugar? (is that a stupid question?)

The only other thing is that her snout is a wee bit longer than I'd like, it's not a problem though, like its not massively long I've seen much worse lol, it's just slowing down my decision if that makes sense!

She is 8 weeks in that pic x

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Will she be shown or bred or kept as a lovely pet?

I always caution people to wait if they are not completely certain. I was not good at waiting but now know what I would look for again.

I did not know if your hesitation was the baby herself or that you wanted to see more before you chose, for instance.

Hope was the youngest and smallest when we brought her home. She weighed just 1.5 lbs./0.107142 st/0.68kg (I apologize that I am ignorant to how you measure weight in your country so I gave options)

She now weighs 4.0 lbs./0.285714 st/1.81kg. She is plenty big now so we do not worry a bit. I was a wreck when she was a baby. We did skid her along the hardwood floor a few times when we did not notice that she had gotten under our feet.

Really, if you are getting a new/young puppy, they are all going to be small to begin with.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I think she's absolutely adorable. You are so lucky! It's SO difficult finding females that look like that here that aren't well over $2000 and 10+ hours away. Wouldn't be so much of an issue if we had a car, but we don't, and train is very expensive. I'm starting to feel pretty hopeless. Every puppy we inquire about we call or email too late (like sometimes as soon as 30 minutes after the ad is posted). The boys are listed all the time, it's just the girls that seem to be snatched up in a heartbeat. Sorry for my ranting, lol. But if I were you, I'd get her because she's a doll! Love her colors, too.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will she be shown or bred or kept as a lovely pet?

I always caution people to wait if they are not completely certain. I was not good at waiting but now know what I would look for again.

I did not know if your hesitation was the baby herself or that you wanted to see more before you chose, for instance.

Hope was the youngest and smallest when we brought her home. She weighed just 1.5 lbs./0.107142 st/0.68kg (I apologize that I am ignorant to how you measure weight in your country so I gave options)

She now weighs 4.0 lbs./0.285714 st/1.81kg. She is plenty big now so we do not worry a bit. I was a wreck when she was a baby. We did skid her along the hardwood floor a few times when we did not notice that she had gotten under our feet.

Really, if you are getting a new/young puppy, they are all going to be small to begin with.
She will just be a pet!

Ive been wanting another chi so bad but at the same time don't want to make a mistake when it comes to spending money, like I wouldn't mind if it was just my money, but it's hubby's too lol!

That's really reassuring and don't worry bout the measurements lol. I usually think of chihuahuas in lbs though. So that's good to know that she can put a good bit of weight on, that's what I would like for her.

Ye I said that to hubby, he said " oh you would have to pick the tiniest one to love ", I said sure she's only 8 weeks old, she's meant to be small! Lol.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think she's absolutely adorable. You are so lucky! It's SO difficult finding females that look like that here that aren't well over $2000 and 10+ hours away. Wouldn't be so much of an issue if we had a car, but we don't, and train is very expensive. I'm starting to feel pretty hopeless. Every puppy we inquire about we call or email too late (like sometimes as soon as 30 minutes after the ad is posted). The boys are listed all the time, it's just the girls that seem to be snatched up in a heartbeat. Sorry for my ranting, lol. But if I were you, I'd get her because she's a doll! Love her colors, too.
Aww yey thanks! I like having other opinions lol, like I know she's totally gorgeous but want to know im not just getting excited about a new puppy and other people think so too.

I know here you can easily get a lovely male that's a nice size and not too expensive, but nice females aren't as common. I think maybe cos a lot of breeders keep nice female pups to breed. I kno we only just got a car last month and it's so much easier for puppy searching lol.

Have you any chis or still searching??

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Well I definitely think she's beautiful, and I'm pretty picky, which is probably why finding a puppy is so difficult for me, lol. I want a shorthair applehead girl. Any color that's red or lighter would be a dream, but I don't think I have the luxury of being THAT picky, lol. I do believe that a lot of the females are kept or they are reserved before the litters are even born. There's usually like 50+ listing for Chis a week on the website I look at in Sweden and it's rare that there are any females like I described.

I don't have a Chi right now. I moved here from the US to live with my boyfriend and left my 8-year-old Chi girl with my dad. She was the family pet, but she was "my dog" in terms of finances and care. I just didn't want to tear her away from her home and family that she grew up with when she's so happy there and loved my dad and siblings so much. So I'm looking for another Chi to fill the void in my heart that is left after leaving my girl in the US.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ye I consider myself picky too lol, I want apple heads with short snouts, not too picky about colour. My other small concern with mine is that she's not as fluffy as the other pups in the litter, but maybe that's cos she's so small? She's meant to be a longhair, does anyone know if that's normal?

Wow, there's not as many for sale here I don't think, 2-3 litters a week at very most, usually less, depending on time of year. And not very often good quality pups.

Awww that must have been awful, I would be the same, without a chihuahua I feel there's something missing!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I think her coat will grow quite a bit. I've seen a lot of puppies that hardly appear to be longcoat at all when they're 8 weeks, and by time they're 6 months they're super fluffy and pretty. I can't really tell how long her muzzle is in that picture, but it looks nice to me. :) Do you have a profile shot of her?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think her coat will grow quite a bit. I've seen a lot of puppies that hardly appear to be longcoat at all when they're 8 weeks, and by time they're 6 months they're super fluffy and pretty. I can't really tell how long her muzzle is in that picture, but it looks nice to me. :) Do you have a profile shot of her?
Ok cool thats wat I assumed but thought id ask anyway, cos Sugar had a thick fluffy puppy coat wen I first got her!

Ye it's hard to tell from that pic, how bout this one?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Wats the size difference between your 2 chis? Was the older chi ok with the pup being tiny and visa versa?
Lily is 3 times bigger than Dottie,she mothers her,gets toys out for her to play with,licks her eyes.But she has always been sensitive and kind.Suppose it would depend what you're other ones nature is like as well

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lily is 3 times bigger than Dottie,she mothers her,gets toys out for her to play with,licks her eyes.But she has always been sensitive and kind.Suppose it would depend what you're other ones nature is like as well
I had a look at your pics of them there on ur user cp, omg Dottie is tiny, sooo cute!
Sugar has a very quiet nature, she's timid and kinda keeps herself to herself when it comes to other dogs. I'm not sure whats she going to be like with another dog here ALL the time though!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts