Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DANG DANG DANG DANG nooooooo!!

I broke Bijoux! She came to me potty pad trained and besides the odd miss she was beautiful now i've broken her and she's peeing on my carpet soooo not good. Anyone had this happen? I don't know how I sent the signal nahhhh don't use those pads anymore use my rug! But I must have...

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Awwww you didn't break her. We used to put the pee pads on our scatter rugs. We made a specific place for Frankie to go but in the beginning he liked to pee on any scatter rug he could find, (better than the floor to him). So we put a pee pad on the rug in front of the sink and the rug in our bathroom. Eventually we moved each pad to just the "bathroom" specific place.....

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Don't worry, she will get it. Lion frustrated me for months and months.. He would pee and poop on the pad sometimes, and then randomly poop somewhere else. It eventually just "clicked" I guess because at 7 months he stopped having accidents and hasn't since. She is still young and learning, don't worry.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
DANG DANG DANG DANG nooooooo!!

I broke Bijoux! She came to me potty pad trained and besides the odd miss she was beautiful now i've broken her and she's peeing on my carpet soooo not good. Anyone had this happen? I don't know how I sent the signal nahhhh don't use those pads anymore use my rug! But I must have...
Sorry, I to chuckle a little at this. You didn't break her. I think she's having a little too much freedom right now and is young enough to think anything on the floor that soaks up the pee so it doesn't slpash on her is a potty pad. Each time she starts to pee, put her on the potty pad. Even if she's done peeing. Praise her on the potty pad. It will sink in. Try limiting her area to tile or linoleum for now, that way the potty pads are more welcome. Take her out to potty or make sure she's already pottied before letting her run on the carpet for now and limit her time on it so she is successful at pottying in the right place. Best of luck, puppies are hard work. lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine will pee or poop on any area rug they can find too, sometimes I think the potty pads are just confusing for them? I am thinking about getting one of those potty patch fake grass things & seeing if that helps.

We are currently trying to house train a Mini Poodle x who has a drinking problem lol (he drinks constantly - no medical reason, it's just him) and he has developed the lovely habit of making sure I can see him when he pees cause he thinks I am going to praise him like I do when he goes outside or on the pad :rolleyes: . When I tell him "No" he just looks at me like he has no idea what I am talking about!

Sometimes it feels like you are losing the battle and should give up, but keep going, we will get there eventually :p

Edited to Add: I have been watching the boards but not posting much lately, so I don't know if I mentioned that Bijoux is ADORABLE! I wish there were Merles readily available over her in Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts