Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The night I got Frasier we made an emergency stop at Petsmart. His arrival was not completely expected, so we had to buy some basic essentials quickly. We bought a pack of potty pads for $11.99. Bargain Hound was the brand name. There are 30 in the pack.

I know the price because I saved the receipt to put in Frasier's baby book since it was his first shopping trip. Anyways, I just bought a pack of 32 potty pads at Wal-Mart with baking soda - no brand name. They work exactly the same way and guess what??!!!

$5.99

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wow. that is definitely a price difference. I have been wanting to get some for my mom's chi but she is kind of low on money right now but 5.99 for 30 is a great deal. I will definitely let her know ASAP.

Oh and thanks for the info :wave:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Talk about rip off I was on petsmarts website one day and noticed they had a container of 100 potty pads for $19.99 and it said nothing about being on line only. So We went to petsmart and looked for them couldn't find them. So I asked a clerk.. she said that it must have been a special and she told me to print it out and bring it with me the next time. So I printed it out the next time I was going to petsmart nad I asked another clerk and she told me it was the online price. I asked here why they were different.. the price inthe store was like $31.99 boy they must be ripping people off big time because that is like a $12.00 rip off... boy what is this world coming too...

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I dont use the named brand puppy pads, what I do is go to walmart and buy bed pads, they are with the Depends :oops: And they are bigger and cheaper and you get alot more :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah I went online and saw the freshwater pet fountain on their for 19.99 and was so excited. I went to the store later that day and it was 39.99!! I asked them why the price was so different and they also told me it must have been a sale. well I ordered it online and saved 15.00 (5.00 shipping).

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
LOL, I have been in your shoes before go buy the more expinsive things HEY ITS WORTH MORE SO IT HAS TO BE BETTER. Not always ture as you found out. I always bought the puppy pads with baking soda there wonderful.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
The night I got Frasier we made an emergency stop at Petsmart. His arrival was not completely expected, so we had to buy some basic essentials quickly. We bought a pack of potty pads for $11.99. Bargain Hound was the brand name. There are 30 in the pack.

I know the price because I saved the receipt to put in Frasier's baby book since it was his first shopping trip. Anyways, I just bought a pack of 32 potty pads at Wal-Mart with baking soda - no brand name. They work exactly the same way and guess what??!!!

$5.99
I tried them and found they arent as good. FOR ME I need a pad that A. unfolds without being bunchy on the ends. B. wont have "stuff" flying out of them. C. are super absorbant.

I have no lie been thru 4 brands maybe more--and I came right back to the original brand I am using BUT they are not my favorite-my favorite is in a red/white bag (forget name :oops: )....I get them at the base. they are great they are not just as economical as I need them to be. I SO WISH that she would just go outside cause I never intended her to be a lifetime pad pup :roll:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
Talk about rip off I was on petsmarts website one day and noticed they had a container of 100 potty pads for $19.99 and it said nothing about being on line only. ..
hahahah I did the same thing!!!!! I was mad as heck and then realized - on line only - then I felt stupid cause I too made a fuss at the store :oops:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
I dont use the named brand puppy pads, what I do is go to walmart and buy bed pads, they are with the Depends :oops: And they are bigger and cheaper and you get alot more :D
Thats what i do too :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i get the nature's miracle pads.... i don't know what i pay for them but it is probably too much.... i've tried no name brands and they smelled after chiwi peed on them once. petedge.com has good deals on them too. so i might start getting them from there....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:

$5.99

My chi always rips them apart, so I go through a couple a day...and yes, petsmart isn't always the cheapest ( like they claim to be) , I find stuff @ kmart, walmart, and target cheaper all the time

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
I have to go check out those bed pads.. How much bigger are they?
like 2 times?

Dori they are huge!! Like the kind they use in the hospital, they are a little thicker and man can they absorb! :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
those potty pads are really expensive here.....but guess what same rip off here. in the store where i always buy them they cost 9 usd for 10 pieces :shock: but i just found another store were they cost 6 usd normally and now they were for sale for 4 usd!!! well i can tell you i'm not buying in the first shop again :shock:
btw i'm going to check those bed pads too, because i always use two pads at a time....

kisses nat

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I got 5 packs of 12 pampers bed care mattress pads =60 pads, you can buy those about £4-78 asda for 12, but i got mine on ebay cheaper,they have a lot on ebay in UK, but bed pads work out about 30 p each uk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts