Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been absent but here I am :hello1:

I am having issue with Vanna shredding the heck out of her potty pads. Her exercise pen is filled with toys, food, and her bed. But she still goes to the potty pads and rips the almighty heck out of it until it's nothing but a few ribbons floating around the air. Is there some kind of chihuahua boredom buster out there?? She runs the yard, she runs the house, she runs most of the day, but at night she'll sleep in her crate/pen, and at some point gets up in the morning and shred the pad, followed by peeing on the carpet (due to absence of pad). She has no prejudice on when she shreds it, so I don't think it's a seperation thing, since she does it to the pad on the outside of the pen as well (when I let her run free) My dad suggested some kind of carpet tape to tape down all 4 sides so she can't move it...would this work? Anyone else have this problem and found a solution? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I have the pad holder, it worked well with my older dogs, but the puppies would manage to get it out and run around so proud, dragging the pad behind them. They didn't tear it up, just thought it was a toy. If yours love tearing it up so much, I would suggest the cloth ones like Karen suggested.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have one of the pad holders too and it worked great when we had Ellie's puppies.

For long-term use I switched the pups to the grass patch and haven't had issues of any of them trying to chew on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts