Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i usually buy the natures miracle brand potty pads. Yes they are expensive (usually most expensive), but they are awesome! They absorbe urine and they even dry! They dont smell either. I was buying 50 packs (tha ts the largest) for 26.00 + tax (at petsmart, they are cheaper than petco). So i was there the other day and i noticed this 100 pack for only 32.99... the brand was different, but there was only one box left so i figured they would work fine, a pee pee pad is a pee pee pad right? WRONG! If they are urined on the puddle just stays there all day for your pup to step in. And the white absorbent pad is not as large (the plastic borders are much bigger and my pups tend to pee on the edges of them). They are called Economy Puppy Training Pads and they come in a large blue carboard box. I just want everyone to know this because i thought i was getting a bargain but i really was just setting myself up for hassle! I have to change the pads eachtime they are used because the pee gets stepped in and like i said they are not at large. Oh well atleast i will get through them quickly. I dont reccomend them at all, i really like the natures miracle brand, they are expensive but they really make it a lot easier. What brands do you guys use or reccomend?

i dont mean to offend anyone who uses these pads :wave:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I used to use those and I agree... they aren't much of a bargain. I use ones from Walmart called Out! Angel is pretty happy with them and they work pretty well for us.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:cry: I must agree i had tried them in the past year the first two box of the pads were ok.the third was terrible the bargain no longer i noticed the pee pee would pass through the pad to many times.now i use the walmart brand out! and resently i am using simple solutions . you can get them cheaper at this website kvvet.com
they are large and work great.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hmm my puppy doesn't use pee pee pads..we house trained him to do his buisness outside.. but since winters are cold here we are thinking about litter box training because we have other dogs, we figured it would be easier than pee pee pads.. anyone know which is easier or more convienient with other dogs??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
:blob4: I must say its up to you . Try both .For me it is easier to use the pee pee pads since i just have to pick them up and go.the litter you need to scoop the poop up and not recommend for people with physical problems.i have heared using cat litter but i have never tried this.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i get mine from a friend who works in a retirement home , they are really big and work great! they cost me around 30 usd for 100 pieces

kisses nat

(they are for old people's beds )

·
Registered
14 Posts
hmm my puppy doesn't use pee pee pads..we house trained him to do his buisness outside.. but since winters are cold here we are thinking about litter box training because we have other dogs, we figured it would be easier than pee pee pads.. anyone know which is easier or more convienient with other dogs??
I'm glad you asked,,,I'm wondering too. We originally trained our pups to go on puppy pads, and they work fine. It's just that it get's to be really expensive, especially with two, if you p/u the pad after one pee, and even though it abosorbs somewhat, it still smells somewhat, and it's not exactly nice to look at when you have company. Anybody litter train? Anybody done both? What are the pros and cons?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts