Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made Gadget a pin out of cubicles for the bedroom so that he would have his potty pad and his food and water in the same area as his bed.... He loves sleeping in his furry bed. When I first got him home his lttle nails got stuck in the potty pad so I put newspaper on the pad. in the livingroom I still had his pad in a cardboard box with one end open. When he started using his pin(fridaynight) in the bedroom he stopped pooping in the potty box in the livingroom and would poop on the rug.... no matter what I did. Last night he started peeing right on the edge of the pad by the opening of the box. This morning I took his pad and newspaper out of the box and just laid it on the floor. But he still only went on the edge and he still wouldn't go poop on it. It was under my computer desk. This afternoon when my daughter got home he pooped again on the floor so I got hte idea to make him a potty box out of the cubicles. well, he hasn't used it yet, because we just got it done a few minutes ago.

My question is..... Has anybody heard of a dog not going to the bathroom on the pads if the 2 places are different?

When I take him in the car I have a potty box for him and he uses it....

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Gadget is still very young isn't he? How old is he now?
He either doesn't have control yet or doesn't know where you want him to go.
They usually won't go more than 2 times on 1 pad either, so you have to change them frequently.
I have an x-pen set up in my kitchen lined with pads for them to go in when it's too cold to go outside. I have to keep checking and change the ones that are too soiled. If the pad closest to the opening has been peed on a couple of times they won't go in to the others either, so that one gets changed more frequently than the others.
Mine are much older, Sandy will be 1 year old next month and Koke is about 7 1/2 months.
I pick up the poop as soon as I see it, they will usually come and tell me after they have done it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts