Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Im new and trying to figure out where everything should be posted. I just got a brand new HUGE potty patch off Craigslist for $10.00 with the training spray and some pads. my puppy will be pad trained when I get her but I want her to use the patch. For those of you have have used the pottty patch how did you transition them to it? I was trying to you tube it but everyone just puts the patch down and Volla it works. LOL If only everything was that easy

Tiff

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a potty patch and it's wonderful I love it ! I work and if it wasn't for this I would find pee and poop all over my apt. My Lulu is trained to go outside and I got her to use the potty patch by wetting a paper towel in one of her accidents and I placed it on the potty patch and voila! I still use pads under the patch since it makes it so easy to clean up, I just change the pad and done. I plan to get another one for my balcony and to switch out for cleaning purposes.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I LOOOOVE the potty patch! =D We have two in the house. The easiest way I've found to train them to use it, is to make them train themselves! Whenever you have to leave and your pup needs to be crated, set it up in such a way that the potty patch fits on one side, and the pups bed, toys, etc. take up the other half. Using your pups natural aversion to soiling where it sleeps, they instinctively move to the other side to potty. Eventually they just develop a substrate preference and get used to using it, so even if they're just roaming the house they will go looking for it when they need to go to the bathroom.
Didn't take much effort on my part. If ever they began to have an accident while I was supervising, I just picked them up and moved the to the patch immediately. When I saw that they'd go on the patch, I praised the heck outta them! Whenever you CAN'T supervise, that's when they go in the pen. Good luck! =D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kitty!! I got a huge one lol it was only 10 bucks!! TOTAL SCORE!! I know it will be a lot of watching every move she makes when she does come home lol. I get to go meet my girl as her eyes opened at the end of last week. I have emailed and called the breeder but haven't heard a peep. I'm starting to get nervous, but I'm a natural worry wart so it's prolly over nothing. I know that her granddaughter has her gull bladder removed about 2 weeks ago so I'm sure she's busy with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh well I just spoke to the breeder she felt so bad for not calling her grand baby was sick again. I get to meet my girl on Saturday after 3pm!! I will have lots of vids and pics then

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yay!! You must be so excited! I just got a new pup last week and I swear, ever since the moment I knew we were getting her the wait was the hardest part! My dad managed to get a really good deal from some website on his patches too; we just got ours from Walgreens when they first came out; but it might be a good idea to get some new ones They are pretty durable I must say, as long as you keep up with cleaning them. We just use a mild dish soap and hose them off once a week and they've held up really well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up this one was still sealed in the box and everything!! We are clean freaks so it will be very very clean!! yes the wait is so hard!! I think I might die, no really it's possible. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts