Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I *finally* found a brand/kind of pee pads I like..... Chico and Kody are pee pad trained and 'their' room has a corner with the pads.... I can't stand the flimsy, see-thru cheap pads I been getting. I have tried several brands... sizes... you name it...... but these I will continue to use until they quit making them!

they are heavy duty pads in a BIG size--no soaking thru like some I have tried... I know its overkill on my part, being they are small dogs.... but I like them(dats my story and I'm stickin' to it).......

SIZE: 27.5" L X 33.5" W (I LOVE this size)
Four Paws Extra Large Wee-Wee pads

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Thanks for giving us your review, Jan! I wonder if I can get them in Europe. The ones I get for Gemma are $17 plus shipping for a pack of 50 and that usually lasts me about a month. They are decent, but I have noticed that sometimes if Gemma pees in the same spot twice, the pee will seep through the bottom.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't know about the Europe thing but I will tell you that these are pretty expensive... I guess because of the large size....but I will still use them as I don't need to change as often....

I set pee pads down on the floor with rewashable crib pads over them.... so they are used as a precaution in case the crib pads don't catch everything.... I found a brand of the crib pads I like too but have only found them at a TARGET store.... (CIRCO brand-27x52 full-length crib pad)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh, I see. We have wood floors so it's not a big deal if it's seeps through for me, just a little tedious to clean up. It would be nice to not have to worry about it at all, though. I looked up those pads and it was $30 on amazon for a pack of 150 of the small size, but the large size that you get is $34 for a pack of 40. Yikes! Gemma's pads are 23x23 inches. There's some around that size but they are $30 for 75. So I guess the ones I'm getting now are quite a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
where did you get the four paws wee wee pads , Jan ?
i'm curious cause my girls are due for some new washable pee pads. i been using the Pooch Pads ( a big size ) , but they are expensive. i'd like to compare the four paws ones you got to the pooch pads

oh, wait... maybe you were talking about the disposable kind , i was thinking you were talking about the washable ones

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I finally bit the bullet after going through boxes & boxes of disposables and bought some washable ones and they are brilliant!!! Mine were made by a company who makes massive amounts of commercial incontinence products for us oldies so they really know what they're doing and the quality is superb, I paid $30 for 3 pads and ordered 2 sets so ended up with 6. I'll probably order another 2 sets of x 3 when finances replenish.

I take them outside & blast them with a jet nozzle before putting them in my washing machine though, I'm still struggling to come to terms with the idea of dog pee in my machine.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I wish I had a laundry machine in the apartment. We have to schedule laundry times though in the building so having the washable pads would be awful because we'd have to keep them in the laundry hamper until we could wash them. Would stink up the apartment!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You mean you share washing machines with other people in the building???? Aaaaargh that would be the living end of me, I'd be buying disposable clothing!

I'd definitely be getting one in the apartment if I was you, even if it had to take pride of place in the living room, I'd still have my own!

Only time I've ever used a laundromat in my life is to wash horse rugs 'coz they don't fit in small home washers lmao - not pleasant for other people but I love the smell of horse pee & poop!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
You mean you share washing machines with other people in the building???? Aaaaargh that would be the living end of me, I'd be buying disposable clothing!

I'd definitely be getting one in the apartment if I was you, even if it had to take pride of place in the living room, I'd still have my own!

Only time I've ever used a laundromat in my life is to wash horse rugs 'coz they don't fit in small home washers lmao - not pleasant for other people but I love the smell of horse pee & poop!
hi D,
LOL :laughing3: , you love the smell of horse pee and poop??? so funny. i usually always get at least a giggle out of your posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
well I *finally* found a brand/kind of pee pads I like..... Chico and Kody are pee pad trained and 'their' room has a corner with the pads.... I can't stand the flimsy, see-thru cheap pads I been getting. I have tried several brands... sizes... you name it...... but these I will continue to use until they quit making them!

they are heavy duty pads in a BIG size--no soaking thru like some I have tried... I know its overkill on my part, being they are small dogs.... but I like them(dats my story and I'm stickin' to it).......

SIZE: 27.5" L X 33.5" W (I LOVE this size)
Four Paws Extra Large Wee-Wee pads
I hard to find good pee pee pads.We really like the pee pee pad holders!We like the one from walmart 14.99,but the one from Lowes,we really like!and it was 14.98.it is so worth the money.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I still love the ones that Publix makes. They are thick and wonderful. None better. I pay $11 for 30. Any of you girls down here in the south really need to try them!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yep, we have to use the laundromat. It's awful, and the machines are terrible. I don't know how Swedes think dryers are supposed to function, but the one in that room NEVER dries my clothes. Everything just comes out hot and damp when it finishes after an hour. The only things I can get mostly dry in there are socks and undies. There's a "heat" room where you can hang stuff, but we only have a 5 hour laundry time block and it usually takes 2 hours to wash all the clothes and stuff with the 2 tiny machines, so we have 3 hours to hang dry things. It's such a pain. So then I end up having to hang most of the stuff in the apartment to finish drying. I HATE it!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where did you get the four paws wee wee pads , Jan ?
i'm curious cause my girls are due for some new washable pee pads. i been using the Pooch Pads ( a big size ) , but they are expensive. i'd like to compare the four paws ones you got to the pooch pads

oh, wait... maybe you were talking about the disposable kind , i was thinking you were talking about the washable ones
I use both the disposable pee pads and washable crib pad.... the pee pads are under the crib pads...... just double protection

I bought mine online from Petco...
(comes to about $1.00 a pad--40 were around $40.00)
they are expensive but I love them....they are not for everyone, but perfect for me :D

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
We've tried SO many different brands of pee pads, and the only one I could ever recommend would be the OUT! brand from walmart. They seem to be the only ones that will soak up anything.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
You can buy a box of 60 33 x 33 human incontinence pads off of amazon for $45 I think, I use them and they sooo top any 'puppy pads'. The bigger ones are a must for us too!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Jan, I use the four paws ones too and they're great. I buy a box of 150 on amazon and they work out much cheaper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Having 3 girls that are paper trained, I cannot live without a "tray" that the pads go on/with (see link) I have 3 and its so easy, keeps them in place and no running around the house with them. I went to a remnant store and bought 3 feet of linoleum and cut it 6 inches wider all around the tray so if the girls miss. Sometimes their feet are on the pad but their bum is on the floor so this way the linoleum catches it and keeps my real floors from being stained or nasty.
I found this emoticon and just love it for this thread----:pottytrain5:

And even though this tray in the link isn't the one I use it is like mine and it is the best design. Do not get the ones that fold! They leak and break easy. I use the OUT brand tray and use the OUT pads 100 for $25 but am too lazy to find the actual link:

Walmart.com: Richell PAW TRAX Training Kit with 7 PAW TRAX Pads & Training Tray: Dogs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts