Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancé and I just moved apartments (as well as adopted a new chi) and Zeus (year old) has stopped going on the puppy pads! It's frustrating since the apartment is new and he never had a problem before. Is it the change of scene and he will remember soon? Or should we start re-potty training with the puppy pen again?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Go back to basics and train again, hopefully because he's already learned he'll pick it up quickly. It is most likely down to the changes but lots of positive reinforcement should work wonders!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
They're like young children; they forget, especially when things change as drastically as a move. She will pick it up easily, since she was peeing on the pads before. You have to remember to praise when she goes where you want her to. Don't get frustrated--this is part of owning a new puppy. It won't last long as they grow so fast & they're smart too!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! He asked to get off the couch last night and ran straight to the pad! He was rewarded with praise and kisses! I'm thinking he is starting to remember.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I bet it's just all the changes. He will adjust quickly, just go back to basics and teach him where the pad is. Gemma is the same way if we go to a friend's house and we put a pad down for her there. She often forgets where her pad is so I have to show her constantly while we're there. Same thing goes for if I move the pad to somewhere new at home. It just takes her a few days to understand where the new pad is located. I'm sure Zeus is going through the same thing. He's just a little confused! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts