Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emmie is probably about 2 1/2 - 3 years old, that's what my vet thinks. She only pees 2-3 times a day. Is that odd? Seems like she'd go more!
Anyways how many times does your chi go?

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I think it depends on the dog. Some dogs hold it longer than others.

When we first brought Rocky home, he was 4.5 months old. He only peed like 3-4 times a day. We got SO nervous because Toby peed 10ish times a day at that age. Turns out Rocky just held it better. Plus, Toby has a habit of peeing tiny little bits very often whereas Rocky only goes when he really has to.

Has she always been like this? If so, she may just be able to hold it well. If it's new, I'd get her to a vet for a check-up.

At just less than 11 months old, Toby pees about 7-8 times a day- he can go whenever he wants because he gets walked outside but also has pee pads. Sometimes it's more, and if he is in his crate during the day if I am at school it is less. He goes a lot, but very small amounts.

Rocky only goes 3-5 times a day at almost 9 months old. I think he has a pretty strong bladder for his age, though. Less often, larger amounts. He has access to pads but doesn't use them that often, usually the 4 walks a day that my sister gives him is adequate.

Lilly is 10 years old and 35 lbs. She goes 3 times a day because she has bad legs and doesn't like to go outside- she'd rather hold it until she can't, LOL. Once, during a hurricane, she held it for nearly 20 hours!!! Super bladder.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My older Chi only goes out 2 to 3 times a day. She has just always been that way. Now holly prob pees 7-10 times lol.. At 2 lbs I guess she has a pea sized bladder hehe..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Amazing to hear how all so different...Chico goes about 3-4 times a day...Always has and if in a different place he will alwasy hold it till we walk or till he gets back to his puppy pad :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts