Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still having some issues with Daisy on going poo in the house but thankfully the peeing seems to be all outside. Its kinda funny when I ask Rocki if shes gonna go out, because she paces in front of the door, to let us know she has to go. I make sure that Daisy comes along. She'll see Rocki go pee or poo and she decides its time to copy Rocki.

So sometimes you can look in my yard see two dog taking a squat at the same time, and it kinda looks funny.

Anyways I've been asking Daisy if you have to go to the bathroom and she has now started barking to let me know. Which of course once she does her business outside I reinforce with a treat and tell her over and over that shes a good girl.

I think shes kinda like a kid when they get some over whelmed in something they forget they gotta go and have accidents. But hopefully working this way it will reinforce that she has to let me know.

THe grass pee pad she hasn't used, its been used, by my son. :foxes15: (Yes he did it out of spite.) She perfers outside, but we'll see how that goes when winter comes and the snow is as high as her. She might perfer the pee pads than.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Congratulations! It's nice that she has someone to follow after. Having another trained dog always seems to speed up the potty training process because they will learn from them.

I know what you mean how it seems that they get overwhelmed and just forget where they are supposed to go and have accidents. When we let Gemma have access to the kitchen and the entryway, she was having accidents constantly. It was like she forgot how to get to her pad and just went wherever she was. Now that we have those two areas blocked off again, she hasn't had an accident in over a week and she goes right to her pad in the living room or the bedroom all on her own.

LOL! I'm sorry, but that's just a little hilarious that your son used the grass pad. Maybe he can teach Daisy how it's done, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts