Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apple is about 6 months old and she was already paper trained when she came home with me.....we can go for a few weeks with no accidents and then have a week or more where she has accidents EVERYWHERE!......on all the mats in the house, on the carpet, in the open......even RIGHT BESIDE her pee pad......i dont understand....she can hold going to the bathroom for hours and has many different spots in the house to use her pee pad, aswell as go outside and she still goes through phases of accident all over the house!!!! i understand she is still young and learning.....but she knows where her pads are and knows shes meant to use them....and yet she chooses to do it right next to it.....but like i said then she will go for weeks where she is really good about usuing her pads and going outside.....if anyone has any advice or thoughts i would appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You mentioned using her pads and going outside. Is it possible that doing it both ways is causing confusion for her, since she's so young?

I think it's fairly normal to experience set backs with young pups, but you also want to make sure she doesn't have a bladder or kidney infection, causing the problems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree with Kim, in making sure that she doesnt have any infections. I also want to tell you that I had a hard time training Daisy, and she wasnt completely trained until she was about 18 months old. I got so frustrated, because she would do fine for a while and then go backwards, and I honestly thought that I would never get her trained, and then one day, it just seemed to "click" and she has been trained ever since. Just stay consistent with her and try to be patient, and I promise, she will get there. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey does this all the time, she will walk right off the pee pad and pee/poop on the carpet/floor. I have fixed a lot of it by litterbox training her and going back to basics (i.e. she is confined to an exercise pen when I'm not directly able to watch/interact with her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts