Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

Little Lola has been great with her potty training. We had some accidents of course but now she has the idea and knows where to go on her own when she needs to! i discovered that because she follows me everywhere it was better to put down a pad in every room in case she gets caught short and I'm not in thr right room!! It has proved to work very well. I just wondered when you think I could start reducing the number of pads as I don't really want them in every room of my flat forever!! I tried reducing one of them but then she just went on the carpet where it used to be so I put it back!!
Also, she seems to like to move while doing a poo!!! So she'll go to her pad but unfortunately her poo ends up off the pad from her walking around during it!! Does anyone else have this problem!? Should I just let it be as she's being so good and making it to the right spot.... just can't keep her little bum in one place!!! :roll:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
mine do that too :D they go on the pad and then they want to find a good place and end up just doing it next to it :D i'm not mad at them too then .they have good intention !! i'm glad she's doing better !!

kisses nat

·
Registered
50 Posts
My new rescue, Bambi, is 8 months and not trained, so starting from scatch with her. She is doing well using the pads, but has the same trouble as you with hitting the pad completing.
Bud is reliable trained for using a plastic tray with papers lined in it for inside. I am finding him after our inside adventures waiting to use him indoor potty for poop. Our cold winters has proved to have indoor training a must, but now I have to encourage him to poop outside as well. Peeing isn't a problem.

·
Registered
321 Posts
UHOH :!: my mother in law has porshas brother from the litter befor her and he is no where near trained cause my mother in law done the same thing. she has piddle pads everywhere :!: she is even home with the dog all day she didnt want to take him out during the cold months she said!! the poor dog is like 8 months and doesn't have a clue :cry: my suggestion of course my mother in law wont take :!: take up all piddle pads and steam clean your carpet( i have had a lot of dogs) dogs go where they leave scent :!: :!: put piddle pads by the doors it will use when it goes outside only and maybe 2 elsewhere keep her confined to only a couple of rooms during the day ( buy a child safety gate) and take your dog outside alot :!: :!: show her how to paw the door when you go outside and don't let her eat or drink about 2 hours before bedtime if she goes to anther room for bed, if crate trained forget the food thing and each week take away one piddle pad :!: your dog will make mistakes its OK just let her smell the mistake area and tell her no take her/him out side and then spot clean that area ( so theres no smell for next time) and be consistent!!
WOW THAT WAS LONGER THAN I EXPECTED SORRY!! BUT GOOD LUCK :!: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts