Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for the most part Gypsy is doing great potty training, but she occasionally pees on my floor. Thats not a big deal, its when she pees on my BED that really irks me. I have a nice expensive down comftertor on my bed, and she's not ruining it but deffinetly staining it. I might have to get it dry cleaned. anyways I think she's peeing on my bed when I"m not in my room. the problem is

I can't shut my door while i'm gone and give her roam of the house because she'll pee elsewhere, and her food and water are in here.

I was thinking that i could put her in the bathroom (rahter large) while i'm gone, with her bed and toys food and water, and her litter box . but i'm scared she'll get confused. do i need to start rewarding her everytime she goes pee? with treats! i just need help i'm nearly in tears.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am sorry you have this problem.... Gadget has peed on our bed a few times.... mostly when he was not able to get to his potty pad(before we had steps for him) now that we got steps in the bedroom for him he goes on his potty pad just fine... the running to the end of the bed sign he was telling us would be confused with running to the end of the bed to go into the livingroom to zoom...

We also have an expensive comforter on our bed.. The thing I have found is the out staind and odor remover works well on it and it doesn't seem to hurt it... We have to get it cleaned soon but I am tryin to hold off until the warm weather is here to stay.

Knock on wood Gadget hasn't peed there for along time... now the pillows are a different story... but they are washable... During the day I close the bedroom door.

I would have your comforter cleaned and then maybe put her potty pad in the bathroom and then reward her everytime she goes potty on it and then try leaving her in there a couple times while you are out for short peroids and see if she is ok in there... it might be a change for her that she will have to get used to. If she does well in there for short periods lengthen the time she is in there and see if it bothers her... I am sure she will be fine...

good luck and god bless.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i have a ramp too now.....because they sleep with me and when they had to go and i didn't notice it .......it was on my bed ofcourse.
the rewarding when she goes on her pee pad is the best way to let her know she's doing the right thing ....
maybe you can put something protective or a plastic over your bed in the day ??

kisses nat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts