Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had Lola for a week but it feels like I've had her forever...and that she has peed every minute of that time!! LOL She has no clue on being potty trained. Bosco was so good, I think I was spoiled by him! Anyway how the heck can I train her? If I raise my voice or say BAD DOG or put her in the dining room for 'time out' she wags her tail like crazy! She thinks its fun!! Obviously I can't hit her so what other options do I have?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
how old is lola ?

have you tried the water squirter technique - every time she does it where you cont want her to give her a squirt (this way she wont realise it is you) and then when she goes on the pad - wether you put her there or not really praise her - it is so hard work I used to be on my hands and knees after Ozzy all the time - picking him up and putting him on the pads - are you using pads? :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lola is 9 weeks. I have not tried the water squirter technique - that may be a good idea! Thanks! I'll give it a go this weekend and see if she responds any better to that.

Shall I spray her in the face, or just at her body?

Oh - and I am piddle-pad training her too!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Also don't forget to spritz the area with vinegar water where she pottys. That will take the scent out and she won't be drawn around that spot to potty again.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I always start by putting a pad in a spot where they have picked to piddle. Once she goes back to that spot there is a pad there and praise her for going on the pad. It takes a little time for them to get the idea that they are suppose to piddle on the pad, but once they do you can move it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.