Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take approximately for puppies to get trained to go on their wee pads all the time?
Peanut is still having accidents. She's almost 4 months old. She goes on the wee pads when I catch her sniffing and tell her to go on her pad. Other times when I'm not watching her, she'll go on the carpet.
How should I discipline her? I can't put her back in her pen cuz she's already been in it for more than 8 hours. But at the same time, I can't watch her constantly.
Help!!!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Are you cleaning up the whoopsies with Natures Miracle or something of the kind? I know some pups are faster than others. Bindi has it down pat and now my boy is slipping up. :roll:
Diligence I suppose to catch your baby everytime....or limit the area available to help her "get it" then expand without limiting her to her pen.....
They have some scent stuff you can put on the pads too but man does it STINK!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My puppy just turned 6 months and I never thought she would be completely potty trained! (We use the litter ) I have been trying to train her since she was 9 wks. I am happy to say that she has done great the past couple days. I think she finally got it. She hasn't had an accident with #2 in a long time, but she would pee wherever she pleased. Now she runs to her litter when she has to pee then runs to where I keep her treats, lol, very , very funny. It has certainly helped that I have been out of work for 4 weeks. Too bad you can't take a new puppy leave of absence from your job. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts