Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some suggestions on how I can get my baby Binki potty trained :?: I can't seem to get through to her. I know Chi's are stubborn, but for Binki this seems to be a power stuggle. Please help. Thanks for all your help :!:
:wave:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I think it is harder for some to "get it" than others. My little Poppy is 5 and a half months and was a little difficult to train..she still has the odd accident :oops: Just be consistent and try to reinforce the message again and again, watch her like a hawk and try to pick up on her signs that she wants to go..take her to potty ALOT and praise her like mad when she does it in the right place...good luck! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Open to suggestions

Honestly, I am open to suggestions. I have Torie trained to go outdoors. She's pretty good. She still does the vindictive I'm gonna show you accident once in a while, but she's pretty good. I assumed that because Torie already goes outside that Binki would have just kinda followed her lead with my help. But this is getting to be like a battle of the wills here. But to answer your question, I want to train her for outside.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
You are taking them out together right?
Make sure you praise them alot when they do go outside.
Chis can be stubborn little buggers.
If you find that Binkie has done some poo in the house, pick up the poo with a piece of tissue or paper towel and let her see you do it. Tell her "No poo poo in the house" then take her and the poo out side where you want her to go and say "good girl poo poo out side" and put the poo in the yard. So she can see it and smell if she wants to.
It may take her a few times to catch on.
Just make sure you praise them both alot when they do go outside.
Do you have a command for when you take them out to go potty? Something like "Go potty outside", if not think of something.
When ever you take them out be sure to tell them the command. You have to keep repeating it until they go, then praise them using the command, "good girl go potty outside".
It's mostly persistance and it helps to take them out at the same time everyday, that way they know when to expect that they will be going out.
My girls poo 2 times a day, but have to pee alot more than that, so there are many trips outside during the day. Especially after they wake up from a nap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
potty training

I would crate her. When you get up in the morning, take her out. As soon as she goes potty say good then bring her in immediately. Let her know that outside is for potty only, not play. Leave her out of her crate for a little bit to play then back to the crate. After that back outside, and do the same routine over and over. Take her out about 15 mins after eating. That's how I trained my beagle but from what i've read here chi's may be harder.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
When I got Gadget(@3 weeks old) he wouldn't go on his potty pad so I put newspaper on it and had it in a cardboard box and would put him in it and tell him to go potty like a big boy and he would go... Now @ 11 weeks he uses his potty pad like a big boy... he only has an accident very seldom. I have a potty pad in the livingroom and one in his pin in the bedroom. I can't wait until he is done with all his shots and he can go outside and run around and go potty...

I take him everywhere I go and I have a potty pad in the car and he will use it on the floor as long as The car isn't moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts