Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had my chi for 3 weeks now. We started by blocking off our kitchen and that's his place to play around and such. From the beginning and still we are paper training him with potty pads and they are working pretty well. He knows that is where he's supposed to go, however, now he will go on ANYTHING that is not the kitchen floor. This includes anywhere in the house with carpeting, rugs, beds, etc. and he will go even if he has just went potty on his potty pad. I say he has a reserve bladder for times we try to give him a little space..HELP! i want to be able to bring him out into the living room and such with us and let him run around a little bit..
Will he grow out of this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My chi, Lucy, does the same thing. She's 8 weeks and I have had her since she was 5 wks. I think she knows that she is supposed to go on the puppy pad, but I guess she doesn't know that is the ONLY place to go. This week she has been going downhill---I guess because she is playing more.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i had (have :roll: ) that problem too , and mine are 5 months .
we don't have rugs , but if i go visist someone .....they see their rugs as pee pads .....i always freak out when i see a rug with someone :D
i always take a pee pad with me now....and make sure they know it's there .
i can assure you it's not pleasant to make a visit ...;when they pee all over someone else's house . it's getting much better now though. i'm 80 procent content with them now :wink:

kisses nat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts