Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have a question about potty training. We just got Rajah and she is 5 months old. The breeder told us that she was potty pad trained so we bought some and she does good about 70% of the time. My question is should we continue this or transition her to potty outside? Or both? And if we do transition her do I remove all the mats at once? Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
What i did was i had 3 pads around the house,i removed one then another then moved the last one to the door,( not all at once )that she would be goig out from,then i removed that one so every time i saw her going there i let her out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think it depends if u want her potty trained to go out side? My girls are pee pad trained just because i live in a top floor apartment and they hate the cold!! its always raining and windy here!!
We had a pee pad where ever we was when they were pups like during the day we had 1 in the lounge so i could put them on it when they looked like they needed, and at night 1 in their crate with them... gradually we have now moved it in the bathroom and they dont ever go any where else but there.. works well for us

1 - 3 of 3 Posts