Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have any advice about potty training? Keiley goes potty outside pretty good cuz I take her often. She doesn't like to go BM outside though. I used to leave her in her crate with the door closed but then I discovered that she was going in there. So I put stuff in there to make the space smaller but she is so small that she just does her business then squeezes into a little ball away from it. I have now put her in the kitchen with her crate door open and the baby gate up so she just pees in there but I just want her to go outside. what should I do? Please help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have you tried pee pee pads? They are great for times they can't go outside. Snuffy was the exact same way...she wouldn't go poo outside and would go in her small crate. She is doing much better now tho...I think they key is teaching them right from wrong...when she goes where she's supposed to..praise her and give her a treat. When she goes where she isn't supposed, let her know she did wrong.Hope this helps a lil :wave:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keiley is really picky and she hasn't really gotten use to playing with toys(I don't think she understands how yet) and the idea of treats. What do you give your little one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts