Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to go away and loading up car, putting my Amberleah in the car and I heard cracking like fire works, Then I looked over next door and seen some smoke and I thought I was hearing someone pounding on window so I yelled over are you OK is anyone in there. Then I ran on the other side of the house and seen the whole side was on fire. I didn't see any cars home, I called 911. We live in the Manistee forest on a private road but is on map. The dispatch kept yelling at me that I was in a different county than I was I kept telling her the cross roads. In mins their house was in flames. Our house was very close to theirs and our tree and my flower bed caught fire, I ran in house got my cat and birds out, I tried to get my big cat out had her wrapped up as I was leaving she got scared and got away ran under bed. I couldn't get her at all. The neighbor told me get out of my house the propane tank may blow any sec and I would go with it. so I ran out side screamed to God please save our cat and our house. just then the fire dept came. their house is told loss, we have our window blown out and my tress and flower beds and siding on front of house melted, we are redoing our house and that side was on metal if we had our siding up our house would have been gone, the metal saved it and God. I Thank God No one got hurt.
I am one talking on video form news below. :(

9&10 News - Fire Roars Through Wexford County Home

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
oh my god ,what a terrible shock for you ,so glad you are safe and non of the animals were hurt,those poor people nothing left not even a photo,thank god you were still at home otherwise your house would have gone as well."hugs"

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a shock!! Horrible! I'm so glad that you are OK! It could have been a tragedy. You were so lucky that you were home to call the fire dept!

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Thank goodness you are OK, I hope they didn't lose any animals inside the house....

I lost my house to a fire several yrs ago... its a scary scary thing to live thru....

*hugs* to you and yours......

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh, thank the Lord, your family and home were spared... I will be in prayer for your neighbors.. It was such a blessing you were still home when the fire began so you could call for help.. Deb

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh gosh! Poor you, you must be in shock! Luckily everyone is ok. Feel very sorry for your neighbours, they seem to have nothing left :(

Even though it is quite sad that they first had to argue about which fire department should be send out..........

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a lot more damage than I thought. Their Insurance agent said they will pay for all our damage including the labor to fix it. Including my trees and plants and mulch. We are remodel our house and there is metal on that side still haven't put up vinyl yet. They said if we had our house would be gone too, long with my Cat. I am still shaking and head ache.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Glad you're ok - what a horrific thing! So lucky you didn't leave five minutes earlier - you would have come home to a tragedy yourself. A little frustrating, though - do ya think they could straighten out the which-county thing before, instead of waiting until there's a dispatch? It's not like your area is criss-crossed with a bazillion roads (I've spent time in the UP, and I imagine Manistee area is similar). 911 operators should have a list of all the fire numbers - and within which jurisdiction they lie - in a database. That must have been infuriating, to have them give you an argument while somebody's home is going up!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh my good Lord!
I am so happy everyone is ok
I am terribly sorry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts