Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a day or so early, but my 7 year old daughter, Madyson is having surgery Tuesday. Nothing major just a tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy(sp?). I am a nervous wreck...I had my tonsils out at 16 and it was HELL for me! They say it is easier on the younger ones so thats what I am praying for! I wasn't sure if I would get time to post this tomorrow or not and definately wouldn't Tuesday, so I wanted to go ahead and ask you all for your prayers on Tuesday! Please keep her in your thoughts for me that day! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Sina - thoughts and prayers for Madyson. Stock up on the popsicles and freezies before Tuesday. No fizzy pop or milk products though. Sherbet would be fine if she likes that kind of thing. (Sorry, I think my nurse voice just chimed in! LOL)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I had the same thing done to me when I was 15, god what a terrible 2weeks after. But I no longer get strep thoart, nor do I snore like a bear anymore lol. I wish her the best of luck and to eat lots of jello and popcicles. Those really helped!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harley's Mom~ Thanks, I will take any tips I can get, lol. I am a nervous wreck for my little girl. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Ciarra~ I had mine out at 16 and thats what I remember too, it sucked! They say it is easier on them the younger they are...god I hope so! I hate to imagine her going through what I did. Of course I was the odd ball and my throat split back open afterwards and I had to go back and get mine re cauterized(sp?). I just hope and pray she has an easier time. I didn't have strep for 10 years or so, have only had it the 1 time since then. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

mazza lovin my chi's~Thanks :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Good luck to you and little Madyson. The good thing about little kids is how quickly they bounce back. She will be sore for awhile, but she will be running around very soon!! :) Hugs from us.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh I'll pray everyday and send her good thoughts and wishes. She'll bounce back better than if she were 15. We've got a couple great nurses here so take their advice. Her life will be so much better after the surgery. I think they only do it now if they really need to, right? Hugs from all of us. Kiss your little girl. Mommy will make it all better. We always do.:)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Prayers are on there way.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, I'm not sure how often they do it anymore, but this little girl has had strep 8 times since October, so I don believe that it is in her best interest to have them removed. She has been miserable lately. Thank you all again so much! About 24 hours to go and I am a nervous wreck!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I will be praying for your Madyson that she has a very easy surgery, speedy recovery, and lots of special treats to make her feel better afterwards. :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Awwww poor thing. Just remember the older you have this done the worse it will be. I think you are doing the right thing. My daughter had hers done about the same age and she wanted to go outside and play the same day. So prayers and puppy licks are opn the way, Kay & Zoey

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought I would add a pic of the little lady you all are praying for...it's always nice I think to put a face with a name! Thanks again everyone, its getting so close and I'm getting more and more nervous!
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I love the pic of wee Madyson. I am sure she will bounce back quickly. Kids are amazing - they just seem to get over things so much quicker than adults.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts