Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had to rush Emmie to the ER vet. She most likely got stung by a bee and went into anaflactive shock. Vet says she is looking better but not totally out of the woods yet. She has to stay about 12 hours in ICU!

I can't stop crying and I'm so worried!!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

· Banned
10,736 Posts
Oh no Missy, I'm so sorry! Poor sweetie pie. You got her to the ER vet asap,
that will make a big difference. Please don't cry. I'm sending lots and lots of
positive, healing wishes Emmie's way. Hugs.

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no Missy, I'm so sorry! Poor sweetie pie. You got her to the ER vet asap,
that will make a big difference. Please don't cry. I'm sending lots and lots of
positive, healing wishes Emmie's way. Hugs.
Thanks LS! I can't help it, I'm just a mess. I hated leaving her!

· Banned
10,736 Posts
Oh girl, I really feel for you. Me too I'm a mess when a pup is hurt or sick. But
you have to try and think positive thoughts for Emmie. She's a tough girl, and
is in good hands.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Hugs to you Emmie and Bailey! It's so stressful when your little one is hurt or sick but you did great getting her to the vet so quickly so I'm sure she will be fine - keep us posted.

Does anyone know what makes bees so darn attractive to dogs? I've caught Axle with 3 of them and going after them a few more times. I'm always scared the same thing will happen to him. Is it the pheremones or something? He's no way near as interested in flies or other bugs and the other two don't really care for bugs at all.

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We talked to the vet. Se hasn't had anymore vomiting or bloody poo. They will try to feed her at 2am and see if her GI can handle it. Until then we won't know if she's really ok.

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
Oh no! I know how you feel, Lion was stung on the tongue last week and I was sure he was going to go into shock. I really hope Emmie is okay.. It is good that you were able to get her to the vet right away, I am sure that it made all the difference.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.