Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ghost has just had surgery for pyometra and although she has got through the operation she is seriously poisoned and it is touch and go at the moment whether she will survive this as she is almost 8 years old which is quite old for a dane

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh, I am so sad to hear this news.. Please know I wil starting praying for Ghost immediately.. Danes are such wonderful creatures.. I have shared my life with 3 of them in the past, lost my last one Napolean, at age 8. Lost Ninotchka, my female, on the 3 day after her spay procedure while she was still in the hospital.. Poor girl threw a blood clot the day I was to pick her up. These dogs are the most loving and devoted giants.. Ghost will remain in my prayers.. please let us know how she is doing. Blessings,
Deb

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I am so sad to hear this news.. Please know I wil starting praying for Ghost immediately.. Danes are such wonderful creatures.. I have shared my life with 3 of them in the past, lost my last one Napolean, at age 8. Lost Ninotchka, my female, on the 3 day after her spay procedure while she was still in the hospital.. Poor girl threw a blood clot the day I was to pick her up. These dogs are the most loving and devoted giants.. Ghost will remain in my prayers.. please let us know how she is doing. Blessings,
Deb
thank you Ghost is a very special girl 99% deaf from birth and her eyesight now is very poor but she has been the easiest dog to own very gentle and loving and always happy so we are hoping that she will pull through this x

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ghost has come round after her op and so far the signs are good she is on a drip and I have to phone back at 9:30 x
thank you all for you thoughts and support x x

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh I am so sorry. I almost lost Zoey due to her pyometra as well and she pulled through. Positive thoughts and prayers your way. So glad she is doing better. XX

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry! Absolutely sending prayers!

I am not really familiar with Pyometra and not sure what causes it. Is this the condition for unspayed females only?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so sorry! Absolutely sending prayers!

I am not really familiar with Pyometra and not sure what causes it. Is this the condition for unspayed females only?
mostly unspayed females but there is something called stump pyometra which happens to females if the original spay is not done properly

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oh, I had not idea. Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
OH NO!!! I am so sorry she is a very pretty girl she is so sweet looking I have always loved the white danes.I will be praying for her and you.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Praying for ghosts! She is beautiful! If you don't mind my asking--Pyometra scares me & I am wondering what made you suspect ghost to have it? What were her symptoms? I hate to ask this question in such a sensitive time, but maybe you can help myself & others to know what to look for who hasn't been able to get their animals spayed.
Stay strong Ghost! Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Praying for ghosts! She is beautiful! If you don't mind my asking--Pyometra scares me & I am wondering what made you suspect ghost to have it? What were her symptoms? I hate to ask this question in such a sensitive time, but maybe you can help myself & others to know what to look for who hasn't been able to get their animals spayed.
Stay strong Ghost! Lots of hugs coming your way!!!
we missed the first signs because we had just put her dried food up because she had lost a bit of weight so we when she began to drink a lot we thought it was the food big mistake it was the first sign.

then next sign was pinky browny discharge and when she was urinating I notice she looked like she was pushing like she was trying to give birth this all happened yesterday morning and we went straight to the vets. I knew the pushing was very wrong but if we hadn't put her food up a week ago I would have noticed the excess drinking and gone a couple of days earlier.

hopefully she will be ok as although she is quite old she is very healthy and in fact she has never had to go to the vets through illness in her life x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts