Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom passed out in the store yesterday and hit her head on the floor hard.
I last spoke with her at 10 pm last night, she said she was still waiting her turn at the emergency room. The store insisted she go.
I never heard anymore until late last night, apparently she started vomiting and they rushed her to get a scan on her head, she had bleeding on the brain, and had to get emergency surgery at midnight last night.
She made it through the surgery but they dont know anymore than they stopped the bleeding. I am so scared that she won't make it, *she is 73* and very poor health. Or she will make it and have brain damage or something awful.
I sure would appreciate your prayers.

Cheryl

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
OMGosh Cheryl!! How awful!! I am so very sorry! :( I know you are worried to death! I am sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. Bless her heart!!! :/

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. She is in good hands and the Doctors will do everything they can. I remember about 2 years ago my Mom had a pain in her leg so she made a dr appointment and did a scan of her leg and they found a 9in blood clot any part of that broke off she would have died. she was told to sit and dont leave at that point she knew something was wrong. she went in for a emergency surgery at 6 that night which was only a few hours away. they got 80% during that time. then she went back under in the am and they got the rest out. I saw her and started to cry. I know how you feel about the thought of losing your Mother. Its not easy when u hear what happen and you feel help less. HUGS and keep us up dated on how she is doing. I will be praying for her.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh that's awful! I pray that your Mom will make a full recovery. Your Mom, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank goodness the store insisted she go get checked out! Darn emergency rooms though making you wait so long, but thank goodness she was still there when she started showing signs of problems. Keep us updated when you can! (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. How scary that must have been for her.
I will say a healing prayer for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
So sorry Hun that this happened to your mom.
I know what your going thru.
I went thru brain cancer with my mom for 8 mos.
You & your mom are in my prayers.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
(((Hugs))) So sorry you are dealing with this, sending prayers for you and your family. Keep us posted on how she does.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mom! I'm glad the store insisted she go to the ER. I hope everything goes smoothly for her and that she recovers completely! Thinking of you guys!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
OMG I am so sorry! I will absolutely be praying!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear about this. Glad they were able to get her into surgery and take care of the bleeding. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hopes she makes a full recovery. Keep us updated Hun.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry, sweetheart. You are your Mom are in my thoughts. I'm hoping you get some good news soon. xxxx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am so sorry sending prayers and a positive outcome to you and your family *hugs*

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I am praying for your mom's complete recovery. That is why all head injuries really need to be checked out. It sometimes takes an hour or so for the symptoms to start. Her already waitig in the ER when the vomiting started is good, they were able to immediately relieve the build-up of blood on the brain. This will help the brain recover more completely. The store did the right thing sending her to the hospital.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts