Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Now I know chihuahuas usually prefer to be carried than walk but my little Lola prefers the opposite!! When I have to pick her up to cross the road or because there is danger ahead etc she struggles and struggles until I put her down and she is able to walk again!!! Does anyone else have this happening!? I don't mind that she walks, its good for her, but from everything I've read they should prefer to be carried!! :?

Love Lucie & Lola 8)

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
My boy always wants to walk , he will let me carry him but he is
much happier walking.... he is a bit of a 'macho' Chi :lol: he really
hates wearing clothes too :lol:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I think its a stereotype and misconception that chis like to be carrid - most dogs would prefer tpo walk and they are most dogs lol my 2 love going walkies but the love to be held too :love1:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Deano likes to be carried but only with me, he will sruggle with others, but he does like to walk on his own sometimes

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2 bags for Lola to be carried in but she refuses to stay in there for more than 5 minutes unless she's sleeping.She would rather go be a crazy mad woman on the ground, I haven't introduced her to a leash yet because I'm looking for the right harness. She is going to have to get used to a collar soon because we have invisible fencing that my other girls are on right now. I hope it works for her because my other girls are great with it

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
heather1143 said:
I have 2 bags for Lola to be carried in but she refuses to stay in there for more than 5 minutes unless she's sleeping.She would rather go be a crazy mad woman on the ground, I haven't introduced her to a leash yet because I'm looking for the right harness. She is going to have to get used to a collar soon because we have invisible fencing that my other girls are on right now. I hope it works for her because my other girls are great with it
Aren't you afraid that someone will try to take Lola with just that invisible fencing? Or maybe another dog might come along and harm her? I'm scared to death of invisible fencing because I know it means the dog has been trained not to run away, even if faced with a threat. Or am I completely crazy? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am unsure of putting her in it. On the good side im always out with my girls when there outside and i never leave them out there unattended for more than 5 minutes. I live in a great neighborhood and my back yard is enclosed by woods. Lola is a crazy little girl though. She doesnt have anything on right now and today she just went booking up the hill into the woods but with my luck i caught her when she stumbled and came rolling down like a bag of jelly beans :D She is a very curious girl and always has to be on the go!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget loves going out for walks.. he would runa dn walk all day if i let him... there are ties we take him down in the field and let him run backa nd forth between us... he loves it...

he also loves to be carried... he fits right in my arm just perfectly... I mever have a problem with him squirming when I am carrying him.. but let Amanda or somebody else carry him when I am ther and he will do anythign to get back in my arms.. hehehhehe he's definitly a mommies boy....

I often thought about the invisable fencing and other dogs... does it keep other dogs out of the yard?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Snuffy loves going for walks as well!! But she also likes to be carried or going with mama in her purse :) I think it's good if they like to walk because atleast you know they're getting good excersize.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts