Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess she did great, bloodwork normal etc. I get to pick her up at 4 today. I also talked to the vet about Maya's necropsy report that said probable cause being head trauma (not definitive). He said that he called down there and just doesn't buy it. Especially since there were two blood clots found; one being abnormal. He thinks they immediately went with an initial diagnosis of head trauma and the necropsy couldn't say it wasn't. But the skull was intact etc. So, who knows? I guess I will never know for sure but have decided that it indeed was an aneurysm of sorts and that's that.

So, I'm glad Peach did well in the surgery and is doing pretty well as a puppy in general. She weight 3.1 pounds this morning and is 5 months and 1 week. How big do you think she will get. She seems a little pudgy to me. LOL I think I am used to Maya's long legs and lean body. She is more cobby.

Thanks all.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I know a little about Susan's lines and I would say she will be around 4 lbs grown, maybe a teeny bit over? Certainly NOT over 4.5 lbs.

I would love to see new Peach pictures! Granted she probably needs to recover first ;) I'm glad she did well w/ her spay, you must be relieved.

Not sure I would buy what they said about head trauma for Maya either...tbh. I mean it makes "sense" but...then, doesn't. At all.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hooray Peach! Its always a relief when they get through that surgery. Hope she is healed up quickly.
Sorry that you still dont know what really happened with Maya, that must be difficult.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Glad Princess Peach has her spay over and done with. I would like to see some new pictures of her also.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Glad to hear Peach did so well with her spay. Wishing her a speedy recovery! :daisy:

Ditto on the new Peach pictures. It's been soooo long! :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I just picked her up and she is doing well. Very very groggy and just wants to sit on my lap. But she looks good. I uploaded some pictures from last weekend in the picture section for anyone who wants to see new Peach pics. LOL
Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So glad to hear she did well :D
As far as size goes, Leila was 4 lbs 2 oz at about 4 mos and 1 week. And she is 8 mos. now and 6 lbs. she's been 6 lbs for quite a long time. And i'm not really expecting her to get any bigger.
I bet she'll gain another 1 - 1 1/2 lbs.
That would be perfect IMHO. Maya was too tiny and fragile at 3 lbs and I truly think the 4-5 is perfect. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts