Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering why I can't PM a certain member? When I click on their profile I see " send message" but it goes away quickly. I looked on main site and can't find where to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm wondering why I can't PM a certain member? When I click on their profile I see " send message" but it goes away quickly. I looked on main site and can't find where to do it...

Maybe she has it set to not receive private messages? It could just be a glitch.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Some people, me included, had to put the settings onto their PM's to only receive from contacts or friends because of harassing PM's. I got several of those and decided to set my PM's to only allow certain people to contact me. That means I probably miss PM's from people, but I'd rather do that than deal with harassing and hateful PM's as they upset me.

You could write a general note to the person in chat and see if they see it? Then they can set their PM's up to receive PM's from you.

Unfortunately not everyone that comes here is nice! It is the internet after all.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Some people, me included, had to put the settings onto their PM's to only receive from contacts or friends because of harassing PM's. I got several of those and decided to set my PM's to only allow certain people to contact me. That means I probably miss PM's from people, but I'd rather do that than deal with harassing and hateful PM's as they upset me.

You could write a general note to the person in chat and see if they see it? Then they can set their PM's up to receive PM's from you.

Unfortunately not everyone that comes here is nice! It is the internet after all.
who in the world? Yesterday was a year that I have been on CP and not once have I ever remotely thought of you being rude or mean..the responses from you are only informative, educational, helpful, and thoughtful...that's a lot of "al's" and "ul's"!:D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See if you can pm me,just write testing on the message and i'll see if i get it
It worked on yours! It says "send message" and I can click on it. The other persons says it but disappears.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
who in the world? Yesterday was a year that I have been on CP and not once have I ever remotely thought of you being rude or mean..the responses from you are only informative, educational, helpful, and thoughtful...that's a lot of "al's" and "ul's"!:D
I had the same thought....who in the world? I also appreciate your replies 100% of the time becuase they are informative and worded carefully. It is none of my business but shame on whoever for whatever.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thanks Anna and Tiffany. :) Well this board is usually a really sweet and friendly place and I love talking to folks from all over the world. There's always a bad apple, though. 99% of the time the people here are absolutely the BEST though so that's what I focus on.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Tracy I am sorry you were treated this way. Please let us know if this happens again or to anyone else. They will get warnings and then banned.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
OMG Tracy, sounds terrible. I really appreciate your answers as I think you are a very experienced member. Really sad that some people believe they can be rude in PMs simply because no one else but you can read it so they feel save........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts